website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

Just now, Griff88 said:

I don't know what is the equivalent of what we call 'district' in other countries but the district size is about 4 km2 with 105k people in it

My town: a little under 130km2 and 27k people :d 

Let's see where it spreads more.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

My town: a little under 130km2 and 27k people :d 

Let's see where it spreads more.

I think if one of the two people later tested positive, my district alone will jump on the leaderboard beating about 20-30 countries ;)

I hate to see things cancelled or postponed over a virus, however these governments taking 'drastic' measures are doing much more than what Trump and his administration are doing here. The media isn't helping either, although I understand their need to inform, but they can't seem to do that without causing panic, i.e. how many (of the 100k+ or so cases) have recovered

7 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

Well..... Whatever CHN is doing seems working.they are getting less than 50 cases

Also South Korea also seems to be reducing cases 

..... Italy had announced a quarantine lockdown for northern Italy : hope it works , high time and possibly can bring new cases down........ 

I think if IRI can push the cases down..... We may see a reduction of corona..... 

Currently 2/3 of the cases are just in two countries..... 

I think if airport testing and push for rapid testing of chain of infection cases works for the other countries we can really get control

I seriously doubt it...after they announced the lockdown (but before he was effective), Milan's Central station was literally assaulted by people trying to go back to their city of origin in the Southern Regions, with a high risk of spreading the virus also in those areas where at the moment there are only very few cases (if none at all)...:facepalm:

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Australia has gone entirely mad.

7df03b0da2eaa553d23f3cc80b500551?width=6

That’s a Costco, so it’s probably the US.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

57 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

That’s a Costco, so it’s probably the US.

More likely is that it's a Costco in Australia.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!