website statistics

Which Sports Events are you Currently Watching?

dcro

5 hours ago, phelps said:

NFL Football (yesterday's night Monday Night Football) on the NFL GamePass and some Hockey (NHL, KHL, SHL...I have more options and I'll take my final decision only when I'm ready to watch, later tonight)...

I didn’t know they offered the NFL GamePass outside the US.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

21 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I didn’t know they offered the NFL GamePass outside the US.

yeah, we've been enjoying it (and we can also enjoy NHL.tv, MLB.tv and NBA League Pass + the International Service for College Sports by ESPN, ESPN Player) for quite some time...

and the International version is even better than the US's, as we have all games live and ondemand (condensed 40-min summaries and 7/8 mins highlights included), RedZone every Sunday (a must watch, I'm really addicted...Scott Hanson is one of my favourite hosts in the whole world) and a lot of special features like NFL Films and other NFL productions and so on...

it's quite expensive if compared to MLB and NHL, but European fans have a chance to play dirty and buy it behind a vpn at the same prize of other Nations where it's cheaper (personally, I've got it as if I were in India, paying 60% less than the normal European price)...

and the best thing of this trick is that you only need to buy the Pass outside your Country, but then it works regularly without any further trick once you've completed the transaction (the same trick works for the NBA League Pass, meanwhile MLB and NHL have the same price all over the world, so there's no chance to save some money)...

unfortunately, we don't have any chance to subscribe other interesting services like CBS Total Access or NBC Gold or use the FoxSports Website, as they all are directly connected with the US cable Tv operators and even a good vpn doesn't make up for that...:facepalm:

Edited by phelps

17 minutes ago, phelps said:

yeah, we've been enjoying it (and we can also enjoy NHL.tv, MLB.tv and NBA League Pass + the International Service for College Sports by ESPN, ESPN Player) for quite some time...

and the International version is even better than the US's, as we have all games live and ondemand (condensed 40-min summaries and 7/8 mins highlights included), RedZone every Sunday (a must watch, I'm really addicted...Scott Hanson is one of my favourite hosts in the whole world) and a lot of special features like NFL Films and other NFL productions and so on...

it's quite expensive if compared to MLB and NHL, but European fans have a chance to play dirty and buy it behind a vpn at the same prize of other Nations where it's cheaper (personally, I've got it as if I were in India, paying 60% less than the normal European price)...

and the best thing of this trick is that you only need to buy the Pass outside your Country, but then it works regularly without any further trick once you've completed the transaction (the same trick works for the NBA League Pass, meanwhile MLB and NHL have the same price all over the world, so there's no chance to save some money)...

unfortunately, we don't have any chance to subscribe other interesting services like CBS Total Access or NBC Gold or use the FoxSports Website, as they all are directly connected with the US cable Tv operators and even a good vpn doesn't make up for that...:facepalm:

You’re not missing anything with NBC Sports Gold (believe me). The big bonus to being in the US is that everything is offered on the Olympic Channel now.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

You’re not missing anything with NBC Sports Gold (believe me). The big bonus to being in the US is that everything is offered on the Olympic Channel now.

yeah, in fact I'm not that interested in NBC Gold...

I'm more than happy with MLB.tv/NHL.tv/NFL GamePass (the NBA is already very well covered by the Italian TV)...

my only regret is not to have a full NCAA working app to follow the entire College Football season...

I mean, ESPN player offers tons of college sports, but it's only about the ABC/ESPN family games...and of course I'd rather watch some of the SEC on CBS and B1G/PAC-12 on Fox main match-ups, which at the moment are not legally available here in Italy (I can still use the CBS website with a VPN or the basic package of a service like USTVNow for the saturday afternoon games, but I can't follow the primetime matches and it's not the same thing as having them ondemand directly on my tv screen while comfortably lying on the couch, meanwhile FOX programming is just out of reach)...

Edited by phelps

2 hours ago, phelps said:

yeah, in fact I'm not that interested in NBC Gold...

I'm more than happy with MLB.tv/NHL.tv/NFL GamePass (the NBA is already very well covered by the Italian TV)...

my only regret is not to have a full NCAA working app to follow the entire College Football season...

I mean, ESPN player offers tons of college sports, but it's only about the ABC/ESPN family games...and of course I'd rather watch some of the SEC on CBS and B1G/PAC-12 on Fox main match-ups, which at the moment are not legally available here in Italy (I can still use the CBS website with a VPN or the basic package of a service like USTVNow for the saturday afternoon games, but I can't follow the primetime matches and it's not the same thing as having them ondemand directly on my tv screen while comfortably lying on the couch, meanwhile FOX programming is just out of reach)...

Yeah in the US we have ESPN+ which pretty much gives us access to every college game. With YouTube, OC, and ESPN+ I can watch pretty much whatever I want.

I go crazy when you guyss speak about watching multiple sports at same time. I can't do more than 1 at a time . Only exception is Multi sport games. 

BTW I realize I haven't watched a single football match for full 90 minutes  for 6 years now. Last football match watched full was maybe US vs Canada ,In 2013, Full 120mins of Women's Olympic semi final ,1 year late but I didn't remember the results so it was good to watch one. 

27 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Wondered if cricket could be played at the Winter Olympics in 3-4 decades!! 

@Olympian1010 @phelpsWhat do you suggest?

https://youtu.be/NSUzvXE1WNg

I love new sports, but 100% no. Summer sports should not create winter versions just to get onto the Winter Olympic program. There are still multiple actual winter sports and disciplines that have been left off the program. I fear the IOC will add some of these abominations though.