10. :CHN  116 pts

11. :JPN  114 pts

12. :ROU  99 pts

13. :GEO  98 pts

14. :ESP  89 pts

15. :TUR  83 pts

16. :TUN  76 pts

17. :UKR  76 pts

Men's sabre placement matches are done, so let's see how this Olympic ranking will look if :KOR once again wins against :HUN in the final (lol, I will not predict our win, it never happens, they always beat us)

A lot has changed, and not for the better for the Europeans.

1. :KOR  217 pts - World 1

2. :HUN  204 pts - World 2

3. :USA  196 pts - World 3

4. :FRA  168 pts - World 4

---

5. :ITA  148 pts - Europe

6. :IRI  142 pts - Asia

7. :GER  134 pts

8. :EGY  128 pts - Africa

9. :JPN  118 pts

10. :CAN  116 pts - America

11. :CHN  112 pts

52 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I know it's due to quota limitations, but the team events at the Olympics should be expanded to 12 (obviously the individual spots would expand too). No event in the Olympics should be any smaller than 12 entrants.

46 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Men's epee definitely deserves it, it's waaaay too competitive just to have 8 spots. But there's absolutely no way that IOC gives 72 more athlete quotas to fencing. 284 athlete quotas would make it as big as wrestling with less events. 

imho, if the IOC finally understands that's time to get rid of Olympic Boxing, there would be no problem to enlarge the field of the remaining combat sports like Fencing and Taekwondo (and in part Wrestling, really penalized in the last few edition of the Games), which are already downsized to the bare minimum (especially considering how well widespread they are even at the highest level of play)

Edited by phelps

32 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Men's sabre placement matches are done, so let's see how this Olympic ranking will look if :KOR once again wins against :HUN in the final (lol, I will not predict our win, it never happens, they always beat us)

A lot has changed, and not for the better for the Europeans.

1. :KOR  217 pts - World 1

2. :HUN  204 pts - World 2

3. :USA  196 pts - World 3

4. :FRA  168 pts - World 4

---

5. :ITA  148 pts - Europe

6. :IRI  142 pts - Asia

7. :GER  134 pts

8. :EGY  128 pts - Africa

9. :JPN  118 pts

10. :CAN  116 pts - America

11. :CHN  112 pts

I think top 3 are done and dusted

:FRA could still get in trouble with a couple of bad outings in the next world cup events, but basically it will be a 4-stage showdown between :ITA and :GER for the European spot...the draws will be really important (hope to not see any unfair ending because of that)

1 hour ago, Vektor said:

The placement matches are done in women's epee with the exception of the final.

If :ITA wins against :POL in the final, this is how the Olympic ranking will look

1. :ITA  204 pts - World 1

2. :KOR  196 pts - World 2

3. :FRA  192 pts - World 3

4. :POL  172 pts - World 4

---

5. :USA  135 pts - America

6. :SUI  134 pts - Europe

7. :HKG  132 pts - Asia

8. :UKR  124 pts

9. :HUN  122 pts

10. :CHN  114 pts

11. :CAN  113 pts

12. :EGY  108 pts - Africa

13. :EST  105 pts

14. :ISR  104 pts

15. :JPN  98 pts

16. :MAR  68 pts

17. :SWE  68 pts

here it's even more obvious...no way the top 4 would eventually lose their spots

the European quota, instead, it's quite a mess...with :SUI having a slight but not definitive advantage over :UKR and :HUN 

I doubt any other team has any chance to comeback from the deep they've fallen into

in Asia, I think :CHN still have the chance to overtake :HKG but they need to wake up quickly

Edited by phelps

8 minutes ago, phelps said:

I think top 3 are done and dusted

:FRA could still get in trouble with a couple of bad outings in the next world cup events, but basically it will be a 4-stage showdown between :ITA and :GER for the European spot...the draws will be really important (hope to not see any unfair ending because of that)

I just did a rough estimation and if I am not mistaking, than Italy will be 3rd in World Ranking and Germany 6th, so if this is correct, there will be some important match-up in the next World Cups...

Just now, Mecki83 said:

I just did a rough estimation and if I am not mistaking, than Italy will be 3rd in World Ranking and Germany 6th, so if this is correct, there will be some important match-up in the next World Cups...

well, at least that will be extremely fair: a series of direct matchups would be perfect (and wouldn't generate any regret on the losers)

7 minutes ago, phelps said:

men's Team Epee, Quarterfinals

:FRA vs :KAZ

:KOR vs :GER

:HUN vs :VEN

:ITA vs :CZE

in terms of the Olympic Qualification, good that :NED and :SUI lost in the rd of 32, but Tomorrow's matchup between :ITA and :CZE is crucial for our team

we absolutely need to win that and score some big points at the end of the tournament

hopefully, also :KAZ should be stopped by :FRA so to allow both the European powerhouses to close down on the top 4 of the OQR

Edited by phelps

8 minutes ago, phelps said:

in terms of the Olympic Qualification, good that :NED and :SUI lost in the rd of 32, but Tomorrow's matchup between :ITA and :CZE is crucial for our team

we absolutely need to win that and score some big points at the end of the tournament

hopefully, also :KAZ should be stopped by :FRA so to allow both the European powerhouses to close down on the top 4 of the OQR

but that's how it will be! Finally, I hope !

So far everything is going according to plan for german fencing. Hopefully they won't mess it up in the remaining competitions.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.