website statistics

Athletics at the European Games 2023

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, hckošice said:

There was time in the past when it happened, yeah, the attendance was very bad.

Well, the whole idea to have the team champs at EG is wrong. I would certainly prefer a normal Athletics competition like a major continental multisport event would deserve, but what can we do, it is how it is

It also doesn't help that this stadium is HUGE for a team event. 55.000 seats... Even the World Championships will be held in a much smaller stadium, our new athletics stadium has 35.000 seats. 

Just now, Vektor said:

It also doesn't help that this stadium is HUGE for a team event. 55.000 seats... Even the World Championships will be held in a much smaller stadium, our new athletics stadium has 35.000 seats. 

Well, :POL is a Athletics european powerhouse, I can see this stadium being full for their division

1 minute ago, hckošice said:

Well, :POL is a Athletics european powerhouse, I can see this stadium being full for their division

Well, I hope their powerhouse will be enough for fill our house in Budapest because we will need all the help we can get to fill the stadium at the World Championships. :lol: Hopefully thousands of Polish fans will come. It's kinda ridiculous that Hungary will host the WCh in Central Europe instead of Poland, we care waaaay less about athletics.