website statistics

Surfing ISA World Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Some surprises today on the men's side as Ramzi Boukhiam :MAR and Joao Chianca :BRA both place third in their heats, and are already off to the repechage rounds :yikes::hairpull: 

Edited by Josh

As for Chianca and Florence, I believe they are not caring for this event. Actually it doesn't matter for them, they are only fulfilling their requirements.

But, some other upsets happened yesterday. We may have some underdogs getting their spots.

Edited by Laraja

@intoronto @Olympian1010 Do you know which athletes have already qualified to Panamerican Games, and how many will in this competiton? I am not too much into these qualifications, and now I am a little bit worried with our chances to get a second quota at women's dispute :wacko:

Main Round 2 is completed for men, and these are the closest countries to the quotas

Europe - :ISR:ITA:GBR:POR:ESP:FRA:GER and the undedogs from :IRL and :POL

Italy is the one european country which advanced all surfers. Impressive not seeing Glatzer :GER, Dillon :GBR and Ribeiro :POR on this phase.

Oceania - :NZL is the only country from this continent here, apart of ineligible :AUS. They have two surfers, and I believe they won't have troubles to confirm their quota with one of them.

Africa - A huge surprise from Africa, with only one athelte from :MAR. And not even their best surfer. Imo, Teeva Bouchgua would be their third best surfer. Jordy Smith :RSA is also advancing but he will probably be ineligible.

Asia - :JPN has its full team qualified, meanwhile their main opponent :INA has only two. Anyway, it is gonna be interesting see who will take it. Especially because Igarashi and Waida are fighting for the last spot in WSL, right now. There is a chance that the second best asian surfer here, take the quota eventually.

Also, good news for :ESA. If @JoshMartini007post about the Tripartite Invitation is right, they have a huge chance to be the first, and so far the only nation eligible for this invitation, in main round. They have two surfers among the best.

Great effort from British women to get 2 through to round 3. Unfortunately because of the way that the draw has worked out, they will both line up in the same heat. They're up against USA's Caroline Marks who scored 17.67 and France's Pauline Ado who scored 11.1. Neither of the Brits have made it into double figures yet, so looks likely they will both be heading into repechage. 

Absolute disaster for Canada :facepalm::cry:  Both Sanoa and Erin lost in R2, and are off to repechage already. (To be completely fair though, Sanoa's heat was quite possibly one of the hardest round two heats, but still would've been nice to see her advance). Mathea advanced through to R3, but she had an easy heat (Maeda, Cope, Pioli) so I'm not entirely convinced.  For our men, Cody Young placed second in his R2 heat, behind Spain's Aranburu, and advanced. Wheeler and Levi didn't fare so well, and are off to repechage (Thought they were easier heats, but they still failed to advance unfortunately)

7 hours ago, Laraja said:

@intoronto @Olympian1010 Do you know which athletes have already qualified to Panamerican Games, and how many will in this competiton? I am not too much into these qualifications, and now I am a little bit worried with our chances to get a second quota at women's dispute :wacko:

lol, your guess is good as mines.

Not sure if this helps, but te Pan Am Surf website has articles on who has qualified and for what events:https://www.pasasurf.org/en/