website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

7 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

So what about some of the best tv shows of all time? Sopranos, The Wire, Six Feet Under ... you never even watched them?

Never.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Finally watched the romantic/comedy movie Olympic Dreams. Not really a great piece of cinema, but for Olympic fans it should be at least an interesting film because you get a real sense of what it's like to be in the Olympic village. I just wish the story would be more noteworthy and not so much improvised. Filmed during Pyeongchang 2018, it brings a lot of cameos by athletes including one more proeminent role by Gus Kenworthy.

It's an okay film to watch if you don't have anything else to do.

Spoiler

I'm particularly pleased by the truthful portrait of a dentist, which you almost never see in movies :lol:

(and also gave me a tiny bit of hope that one day I can volunteer as such)

2 hours ago, vinipereira said:

Finally watched the romantic/comedy movie Olympic Dreams. Not really a great piece of cinema, but for Olympic fans it should be at least an interesting film because you get a real sense of what it's like to be in the Olympic village. I just wish the story would be more noteworthy and not so much improvised. Filmed during Pyeongchang 2018, it brings a lot of cameos by athletes including one more proeminent role by Gus Kenworthy.

It's an okay film to watch if you don't have anything else to do.

Reveal hidden contents

Is it on the Olympic Channel, or do I have to go elsewhere to watch it? I’m a bit worried after your review, but as long as there’s stuff look at in the village and whatnot, I’ll be slightly interested. We generally have similar tastes it seems, so I can stomach this hopefully.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

17 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Do you think there's a more proper movie/musical/opera... whatever piece of art for Easter than:

john legend GIF by NBC

???

I always watch DJesus Unchained, but I know it’s been criticized as highly sac religious. I think that if you can’t find the humor in religion (even if it is your own), then your missing out on the highs of life.

5 hours ago, Vojthas said:

Do you think there's a more proper movie/musical/opera... whatever piece of art for Easter than:

john legend GIF by NBC

???

The Passion of the Christ

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

The Passion of the Christ

Nah, Jesus Christ Superstar. Even the non-religious kids liked that one at my high school.

I've never seen Jesus Christ Superstar and since it's described as a 'rock opera' and/or musical, I highly doubt I ever will :p

I did see Passion of the Christ and that was kinda fun, so that one. The scene of his flesh being ripped out reminded me of Pirates of the Caribbean where (spoiler alert)

Spoiler

Bootstrap Bill whips Will.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

30 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I've never seen Jesus Christ Superstar and since it's described as a 'rock opera' and/or musical, I highly doubt I ever will :p

I did see Passion of the Christ and that was kinda fun, so that one. The scene of his flesh being ripped out reminded me of Pirates of the Caribbean where (spoiler alert)

Reveal hidden contents

The original JCS from the 70s (or whenever) is wack. My generation loves it. I found it highly enjoyable even though I’m not into the material.