website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That has never bothered me for a single moment, since there are no actual commercials and all that happens is it just moving to the next scene.

Anyway, I wasn't here for an entire analysis of 2019 vs 2018 vs pre-2017 and whatever (I like shows or I don't like shows, period), I wanted to know if Breaking Bad gets better after episode one or not. That's all :p 

I believe it gets much better from understanding.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

hace 27 minutos, heywoodu dijo:

That has never bothered me for a single moment, since there are no actual commercials and all that happens is it just moving to the next scene.

Anyway, I wasn't here for an entire analysis of 2019 vs 2018 vs pre-2017 and whatever (I like shows or I don't like shows, period), I wanted to know if Breaking Bad gets better after episode one or not. That's all :p 

Yes.

49 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Has anyone here ever heard about this 'Breaking Bad'? :p 

Seriously, I've started with episode one about five times in the past years and never got past it, does it get any better than that lame-ass first episode? :d 

I can't say I didn't like it but it has a very slow pace , I remember there was an  episode about trying to catch a fly in the lab ! so my answer is No, if you didn't like the first episode I don't think you will enjoy the rest.

3 hours ago, Bohemia said:

It's one of the most popular TV shows in the world right now so yes :d (not me though, it's not my cup of tea)

I really dont know that it is so popular outside Spain/latin america, im surprised.

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Seriously, I've started with episode one about five times in the past years and never got past it, does it get any better than that lame-ass first episode? :d 

Probably one of the best series of all times, specially from the third season to the end.

Remember ending a phrase with "bitch".

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Yes. 

It is a bit slow paced at times, but one of the best series I have watched. 

6 hours ago, konig said:

Probably one of the best series of all times, specially from the third season to the end.

Remember ending a phrase with "bitch".

I don't, but thanks :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I don't, but thanks :p 

No, that’d be “thanks...bitch” :p

Even I understand @Dolby reference from the show, and I never watched it!

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I just started season 5 of Breaking Bad and if it's right that it's the best of them all, i'm in for a real threat. :thumbup:  It is indeed a top-notch show. Not in my top 5 of all time, but it is up there in the conversation. I enjoy the slow build, it adds more depth to the story.

12 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Yes (in my opinion). I had a similar experience a couple of years ago. I watched one or two episodes, but found it to be too "slow", so i stopped. Later on i gave it another try and watched the whole series in a couple of weeks. This is also one of very few shows (in my opinion) that knew when to end (most say it has one of the best endings of any tv shows ever), so even the last season didn't decrease in quality.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.