website statistics

European Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

57 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Yeah, for some reason Team GB only released the entries for Olympic events. So events like Kickboxing, which we qualified 8 athletes in, weren't included.  

My understanding was BOA was not selecting for non-Olympic sports, and passing up the quota places. A ridiculous answer if true, but that's what I understand.

11 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

:GBR Lauren Williams has withdrawn from the competition due to hamstring injury. That's going to hurt her hope of claiming a Taekwondo quota through the direct rankings route. 

That'll massively hurt her, she'll have to win a couple events to catch up (hopefully the Europeans around her perform poorly). 

2 minutes ago, mpjmcevoy said:

My understanding was BOA was not selecting for non-Olympic sports, and passing up the quota places. A ridiculous answer if true, but that's what I understand.

Stupid if true, although a few weeks back I saw we'd accepted a Universality quota for Karate so unsure what to believe.  

3 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Stupid if true, although a few weeks back I saw we'd accepted a Universality quota for Karate so unsure what to believe.  

Funny you mentioned it, because Brandon Wilkins, Karate, has just turned up on the GBR  entry list, along with Chloe Roberts in Lauren Williams weight class...

image.png

Edited by mpjmcevoy

3 hours ago, Mkbw50 said:

I don't understand why it's so hard to have a proper schedule and broadcast information up by now.

Broadcast schedule is available on the “media” section of the website, and hasn’t changed for a while now. Times are in CET, so you just need to convert if your time zone is different. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, hckošice said:
I still have the feeling that this results service is... well, the worst result service I have ever experienced.

Less than 24 hours before the start, we still don´t have even the daily schedule option, not a single event entry list, draws, pools, brackets, all participating nations are missing athletics squads...

If the elves don´t come to the schedule&results/app-makers room tonight to aid them and make the miracle happen, I feel there´s a real embarassing shame awaiting for the organizing committee tomorrow :p

Yeah, there’s definitely some short comings with this one at present. In general, there hasn’t been a good results system since the two winter multi-sport games that started off the year. Asia-Pacific Masters was pretty good, except the individual PDF files were nearly 4 MB each!

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela