website statistics

European Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

On 7/3/2023 at 9:17 AM, De_Gambassi said:

I don't see what kickboxing would add to the olympics table ? Money ? No ; Fans ? Not really ? Something new and exciting ? No And it's not like you can have the sport at the olympics without adding a load of extra quotas.

Maybe if god-awful TWD was to be kicked out of the olympics (one man can only hope), they  might find a way to remplace it, but that's it.

Kickboxing would add a new group of fans if it's the 'real' professional kickboxing, the big names that headline big events. That's definitely never going to be an option (for one because there is no way you can make them fight a bunch of fights within two weeks in a responsible manner), so one would be stuck with the amateur version, which indeed would add....well, nothing. No fans, no money, nothing really indeed.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

What's with this random count and then waving the fight off by the referee at roughly 8 minutes in the video? :d 

https://europeangames.tv/videos/3564114/boxing-mens-80kg-final-bout

well, it was not that random

the Croatian couldn't handle anymore the amount of punches the Ukranian was landing

actually, the ref should have counted the Croatian the first time he went down on his knee, he didn't simply slip down because of the wet ring, he was just feeling the shots

and then, when the ref started the count, the Croatian wasn't clearly present to himself anymore

for the "Olympic Boxing" standards, stopping the bout was at least a safe (if not properly good) decision, the Croatian was going to get a too harsh punishment otherwise (and in fact he didn't even tried to argue the ref's decision, as he knew how tired and groggy he was)

The EuropeanGames.TV website has no kickboxing videos at all? :yikes: 

I thought I'd give it a try just to see how far away it is from the pro sport, but seems like there isn't anything available....

Edit: I see WAKO's YouTube account has the whole finals day :) 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

28 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Edit: I see WAKO's YouTube account has the whole finals day :) 

It was the one sport not broadcast by Mediapro/EBU.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...

Gabriela Gajanová (W 800m) & Ján Volko (M 200m) had today their official medal ceremonies only a month after the Games :d

200723PTS_2023_VolkoGajanova%CC%81_EH_3_

The medals were awarded by our sole IOC member, Skeet shooter Danka Barteková and our NOC president Anton Siekel

200723PTS_2023_VolkoGajanova%CC%81_EH_4.