website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2022 - 2023

Totallympics

no 6th win in a row for Sofia in Lake Louise, Vonn's record (7) is safe...

too many mistakes in the top section for her, today...still, a rocket down the last part of the slope, but not enough even for a podium place.

no comment on the Italian men's team...I think we're hitting an all-time low which will be really difficult to come out from. :facepalm: :cry:

After Aicher missed the second run of all three slaloms so far, i thought that german coaches "destroyed" her, but now it all makes sense. Obviously they try to turn her into a second Rebensburg. Not sure if i like this strategy (given that the speed events are more competitive and injury prone and that Aicher seemed more like a natural slalom/giant slalom talent), but in the end athletes like Gut/Weirather/Rebensburg/Fenninger can win medals in three different events (super g, downhill, giant slalom), while athletes like Hector/Vlhova/Holdener can win medals in only two different events (slalom, giant slalom). I had the hope that she could be competitive in all four events, but i guess the german coaches gave up on that idea. I am interested what she can do in her first giant slalom this season. If she doesn't have the level to compete for the top 20, then the decision to shift away from slalom will look like a mistake, at least short term.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

On 11/26/2022 at 7:06 PM, Monzanator said:

:ALB Lara Colturi will score her maiden WC points ;)

I think she had the 4th fastest second run, only 0.03 seconds behind 3rd. If she has a natural progression for a girl her age and becomes more stable, then she might make the podium at some point this season.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Petra was expected to show her rage-mode after the two "potato medals" from America.

People here were interested to see how she will perform already in Sestriere today GS,

Good news: she started with a solid 1st run

Bad news: There still a 2nd run though

for now it´s a James Bond story, Petra leading by 007 over local hero Bassino