website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2022 - 2023

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Vlhová really unlucky in this start of the season... Two 4th places in Killington..that is what I call a wooden weekend :(

Our commentator :"Well Petra has already the fries, so she can look for a burger there now" :p

To understand, 4th place in Slovakia is called "potato medal" when you finish 4th you basically win potato, you win two 4th plces you win fries

Edited by hckošice

14 minutes ago, hckošice said:

To understand, 4th place in Slovakia is called "potato medal" when you finish 4th you basically win potato, you win two 4th plces you win fries

Interesting. Here the phrase is "pumpkin medal" :d and it is not directly associated with 4th place, but generally for not achieving anything big. 

3 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Interesting. Here the phrase is "pumpkin medal" :d and it is not directly associated with 4th place, but generally for not achieving anything big. 

Yes I do believe it is only in SVK and CZE where it is used. "Zemiaková medaila" in Slovak and "Bramborová medaile" in Czech, both means Potato medal

https://forum.wordreference.com/threads/4th-place-potato-medal.2466643/

13 hours ago, Federer91 said:

13 hours ago, hckošice said:

Yes I do believe it is only in SVK and CZE where it is used. "Zemiaková medaila" in Slovak and "Bramborová medaile" in Czech, both means Potato medal

https://forum.wordreference.com/threads/4th-place-potato-medal.2466643/

2 Potatoes for Vlhová :p

F7CX6jHKSwbiUyvP_-TkWg.jpg?st=Me7W7FpXPo