website statistics

Other Multi-Sport Games Discussion Thread

Totallympics

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, intoronto said:

Hey, don't knock it, Ireland are an observer member too. The Commonwealth wishes it has this level of certainty for its next two events

1 hour ago, mpjmcevoy said:

Hey, don't knock it, Ireland are an observer member too. The Commonwealth wishes it has this level of certainty for its next two events

Come to think of it, why don't Canada do their bit for world inclusivity and offer to MERGE the 2031 Jeux de Francophonie and 2030 Commonwealth Game into an all-in-one 2030 Friendly Games/Jeux Amicaux

?

4 hours ago, intoronto said:

Hey, Charles Aznavour was Armenian!

THe Asian Winter Games are scheduled from Feb 4 to 14 next year, with all dates conflicting with the World Alpine ski championships. I wonder if that will reduce participation, as AS is usually the event with most countries competing.

3 hours ago, intoronto said:

THe Asian Winter Games are scheduled from Feb 4 to 14 next year, with all dates conflicting with the World Alpine ski championships. I wonder if that will reduce participation, as AS is usually the event with most countries competing.

The 2017 edition conflicted with the Nordic World Championships, and some NOCs opted for one of the other. I think a few sent the "A" team to one, and then the "B" team to the other.

Unless you need some points from the world championships, I don't know why you'd opt for them (especially if the bigger programs choose to go there.)

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 3 weeks later...

:CRC will host the 2025 Central American and Caribbean Beach Games (not sure if this was posted before).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

CANOC is also pushing for the inclusion of cricket in the 2026 CAC Games.