website statistics

Other Multi-Sport Games Discussion Thread

Totallympics

My body appears to have decided it doesn’t like multi-sports games in China. Just like during Beijing 2022, I am once again experiencing some odd medical issues. It really is a strange parallel. Hopefully my doctors get to the bottom of it this time.

On the other hand, it might be time to proactively schedule appointments during The World Games 2025 :dunno:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

São Paulo has shown some interest in hosting the 2031 Pan American Games (source). As previously reported, Rio also has it in its plans (source).

That would be the 4th consecutive South American city to host, so probably other bids from Central/North America will be favored?

26 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

São Paulo has shown some interest in hosting the 2031 Pan American Games (source). As previously reported, Rio also has it in its plans (source).

That would be the 4th consecutive South American city to host, so probably other bids from Central/North America will be favored?

There is no news from Winnipeg since 2021, and recently the city has been looking into the 2029 Junior Pan AM Games, don't think they are interested.

8 hours ago, intoronto said:

There is no news from Winnipeg since 2021, and recently the city has been looking into the 2029 Junior Pan AM Games, don't think they are interested.

I guess if any city from :CAN or :USA would bid, they would be an instant favorite.

But I hope for a Pan in Rio, SP or even Buenos Aires. They're all great cities and I could attend :p

Just now, vinipereira said:

I guess if any city from :CAN or :USA would bid, they would be an instant favorite.

But I hope for a Pan in Rio, SP or even Buenos Aires. They're all great cities and I could attend :p

Yea I agree, and it looks like Rio could even step in for 2027. 

We went from the largest city in a country to the 4th largest for 2027. With the size of these games, I don't think small cities like Winnipeg or Barranquilla can host now. 

32 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Yea I agree, and it looks like Rio could even step in for 2027. 

We went from the largest city in a country to the 4th largest for 2027. With the size of these games, I don't think small cities like Winnipeg or Barranquilla can host now. 

I don't know why Colombia didn't pick another city but I don't think Barranquilla will step down :mumble:

Rio already has a lot of the arenas done, but it would need another athletes village, which I guess isn't that hard to pull off.

2 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

I don't know why Colombia didn't pick another city but I don't think Barranquilla will step down :mumble:

Rio already has a lot of the arenas done, but it would need another athletes village, which I guess isn't that hard to pull off.

Yea which is why it would be favoured for 2027 if Colombia pulls out. We shall see what happens. They have till Oct 29 to confirm. 

2 hours ago, vinipereira said:

Well maybe they don’t wish to step back, but in terms of venue quality, 2018 CAC Games lacked standards, including the athletes village which had tin roofs in some of its buildings.

Of course, people on the stands and atmosphere saved the games.

I’m sensing Panam Sports put the emphasis on improving some of those facilities or else, move the Games to another location.

1 hour ago, vinipereira said:

With the support of the Brazilian Olympic Committee, there will be a "São Paulo house" in Santiago, where they should announce their plans in hosting the 2031 Pan American Games (source).

They should be the favorites.