website statistics

Curling

8-0, after a 7-2 victory over Japan and a 9-5 victory over Turkey!

Match against Turkey was much closer than the scoreline suggested, they were playing phenomenally. Turkey were 5-4 up after 9 ends, but a HUGE 5 for Homan after a runback secured the win. Didn’t come without drama as well, in the 9th end there was a tie for second shot, and after three measures they still came that conclusion. The tiebreaker went in favour of Canada, and Turkey only scored the single. 

I’ve been watching curling ever since Pyeongchang 2018, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen something like that before. 

7 minutes ago, Josh said:

8-0, after a 7-2 victory over Japan and a 9-5 victory over Turkey!

Match against Turkey was much closer than the scoreline suggested, they were playing phenomenally. Turkey were 5-4 up after 9 ends, but a HUGE 5 for Homan after a runback secured the win. Didn’t come without drama as well, in the 9th end there was a tie for second shot, and after three measures they still came that conclusion. The tiebreaker went in favour of Canada, and Turkey only scored the single. 

I’ve been watching curling ever since Pyeongchang 2018, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen something like that before. 

And with that win they’ve also qualified for the playoffs!

Canadian Mixed Doubles Curling Championships quarterfinal field is now set. 

Nancy Martin/Steve Laycock v. Kadriana Lott/Colton Lott

Jocelyn Peterman/Brett Gallant v. Paige Papley/Evan Van Amsterdam

Ryan Kleiter/Madison Kleiter v. Taylor Reece-Hansen/Corey Chester

Aaron Sluchinski/Amanda Sluchinski v. Laura Walker/Kirk Muyres

Kadriana and Colton Lott win the Canadian Mixed Doubles Curling Championships after defeating Walker/Muyres 7-5 and will be our representatives at this year’s Worlds. Was hoping it would be either of the other medal winning teams, but oh well. 

8 minutes ago, Josh said:

Kadriana and Colton Lott win the Canadian Mixed Doubles Curling Championships after defeating Walker/Muyres 7-5 and will be our representatives at this year’s Worlds. Was hoping it would be either of the other medal winning teams, but oh well. 

Young team with potential, look fw to it!

9-2 win over New Zealand, and a 9-4 win over Estonia yesterday. 

Today an 8-2 win over Scotland to lock up first in the group, and a 5-6 loss to South Korea.

Up next, the semifinals where we’ll play either Sweden or South Korea/Italy (Italy’s game against Japan still isn’t over, if they win it’ll be South Korea otherwise it’ll be Italy)

Edit: Italy wins in an extra end which means we’re in the same half as South Korea… :facepalm:

Edited by Josh

9-7 win over South Korea in the semifinals, and Team Homan will be going for Canada’s first World title since Jones in 2018! :cheer::cheer::thumbup:

We take on Switzerland in the gold medal match tomorrow at 13:00 PST.

Edited by Josh