website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019

Wumo

Ese Brume is one of my favorite athletes, too bad her federation is such a joke. Maybe there is a chance for Cyprus to naturalize her? I would have liked to see her winning gold, but maybe next year.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, Grassmarket said:

Uganda used to have a lot of very good athletes in the 60s & 70s, then they had a long period of dictatorship, civil war and went for a long time without anyone. The last 10 years things are getting a lot better. 

Also no good venues no good coaches , they practice the sport in the Savana ,

but sometimes it's pretty good they have to run quickly when they meet panthers, tigers ...

Just now, dcro said:

I hope to see more and more African nations stealing medals from Ethiopia and Kenya. :coffee:

There is a good chance in my opinion. After the heat was turned on in Kenya, many of the italian managers/coaches moved to Uganada, so i think Uganada will become stronger in the next couple of years.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, Grassmarket said:

Would have made top-8 here.

In theory yes, but in reality thats extremely unlikely, i dont think she would have made it past the qualification. By your logic there are also a couple of hundred guys who could have won the marathon here.

Vetter not winning gold would be another massive disappointment for Germany, but at this point him not winning a medal seems more likely than him winning gold.