website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019

Wumo

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

The girls in the 20 km race walking must have a really bad feeling wandering around alone in the dark at such a late hour. Hopefully none of them will be attacked by some creep.

I know there’s only like 2,500 Qatari police officers at the fences around the course...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Monzanator said:

You probably missed the constant bitching about lack of overtaking & Mercedes dominance in the hybrid era though? Plus it's not interesting enough to sustain a German GP when a German manufacturer collects titles like crazy. So I guess Germany doesn't love fast Mercedes cars enough.

I honestly can't answer all those questions. I don't care about cars and think Formula 1 is boring + i think driving a car is bad for the climate, so i am boycotting everything that has to do with cars.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, dcro said:

Totallympics today.

Oh My God! The princess said a no, no word :yikes:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Federer91 said:

I just have never liked their athletes. They come across so fake to me, with the constant smiles, the hairs, the pandering to the fans, which Bolt started. Our commentators couldn't stop talking about SAFP and Elaine's haires the whole night...

They were nowhere until Bolt came and then everyone else after him in 2008 brought so much media/public hype, that i never liked. Even to this day, Jamaica rarely gets any negative press, even though their sprinters are just as shady as the americans. But they get a pass most of the time.

Ok i get it. This is also the reason why i always hated Michelle Jenneke, Simone Biles and Katinka Hosszu.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

I honestly can't answer all those questions. I don't care about cars and think Formula 1 is boring + i think driving a car is bad for the climate, so i am boycotting everything that has to do with cars.

Huh? You just said F1 is interesting and everyone loves fast cars? Now you say it's boring?

I watch F1 since 1991 so listen to what I say. Spa Francorchamps, Budapest & Silverstone are the best attended F1 races year after year. If Germans won't come to athletics WCh in Budapest it's because the German team is in decline and there are low expectations. I'm pretty sure Polish fans will flood the place to take the spot vacated by Germans. The entire Europe will come here since Hungary is easily reachable from every corner of the continent.

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

I know there’s only like 2,500 Qatari police officers at the fences around the course...

Hopefully that will be enough. In Germany we have news about women being raped by immigrants almost every week. I also have to say that it is kind of disrespectful by all those women to walk the streets so late at night with almost nothing on. They are guests over there, so they should accept the dress code of the country that gave them such a warm welcome.

Just now, Monzanator said:

Huh? You just said F1 is interesting and everyone loves fast cars? Now you say it's boring?

I watch F1 since 1991 so listen to what I say. Spa Francorchamps, Budapest & Silverstone are the best attended F1 races year after year. If Germans won't come to athletics WCh in Budapest it's because the German team is in decline and there are low expectations. I'm pretty sure Polish fans will flood the place to take the spot vacated by Germans. The entire Europe will come here since Hungary is easily reachable from every corner of the continent.

Yeah, before i was trying to speak from the perspective of an average guy, who likes nothing more than fast cars, meat and naked women.

I don't think that the german team is in decline + it is difficult to say what state the german team will be in come 2023, but if that keeps german fans away from Budapest, then i am fine with it. Many german people have made bad experiences with Hungary (for example Hungary was very hostile when german people wanted to visit them about 75 years ago), so i think most german people wont be very eager to go there again.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Yeah, before i was trying to speak from the perspective of an average guy, who likes nothing more than fast cars, meat and naked women.

I don't think that the german team is in decline + it is difficult to say what state the german team will be in come 2023, but if that keeps german fans away from Budapest, then i am fine with it. Many german people have made bad experiences with Hungary, so i think most people will be very cautious.

It's funny since when I last visited Hungary I could communicate faster with the the locals in German rather than English :p That tells me Germans are visiting the damn place too :evil: