website statistics

Athletics WA World Championships 2022

George_D

32 minutes ago, dcro said:

Magic shoes WR, really.

Johnson getting beaten and Flo-Jo almost too in one day should raise all kinds of red flags.

I don't see magic shoes or magic tracks as being anything bad - it is a natural part of the development of the sport, we don't want to go back to the days of Roger Bannister running a four minute mile on cinder tracks. 

On 6/29/2022 at 4:03 PM, hckošice said:

Slovakia will send only 5 athletes (4 in Race Walking) and 1 in Track and Field. The smallest delegation ever

Sadly all our "A" team members are returning from injuries, Ján Volko, Emma Zapletalová, Martina Hrašnová, Gabriela Gajanová, Stanislava Škvarková (all declined their spots for the WCh and are entirely now focusing only for the Europeans) + Marcel Lomnický, Tomáš Veszelka and Michal Morvay are still injured and will not compete this year probably anymore. The rising star Viktoria Foster is still a bit behind the required qualifying level in both her events 100 & 100 Hurdles.

But whole our team is focusing on the European Championships where it looks we will send a more than 20 atletes which will be the biggest delegation ever :p

Strange how we originally thought that only small nations with not much money would ignore the Worlds for the Europeans.  Obviously, with 0 medals between them so far :FRA & :GER have done the same thing.  At least Germany have an excuse.

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Oh well, I would somehow have been more sad about it if he wasn't basically just another American :p (Tokyo was the first time in his life he had even left the US, curious if he's been in Liberia since)

Hide contents

Nothing against him by the way, I still would have preferred him to win a medal, same for Seyni :d 

Yeah I looked up about him and basically your comment sums up my thoughts lol

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Magic shoes WR, really.

Johnson getting beaten and Flo-Jo almost too in one day should raise all kinds of red flags.

Those red flags were already raised high and proud when distance records dropped like flies and then they shot up into the stratosphere when the 400m hurdles final in Tokyo finished :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

I don't see magic shoes or magic tracks as being anything bad - it is a natural part of the development of the sport, we don't want to go back to the days of Roger Bannister running a four minute mile on cinder tracks. 

as the track is the same for all athletes, there's nothing bad with that (if all the top tier events are held on the same kind of track)...

but magic shoes are pure tech doping, like the good old rubbish...ehm...rubber suits in swimming...

and since not all the athletes have the same suit/shoes, it's unfair to those who can't have the top tech dress (because they're from poor Countries and can't affor them, but also because their federation has a contract with a less performing brand -look at Beijing 2008...those with suit different from Speedo were heavily penalized, even if they were from powerhouses of that sport)...

therefore, I'm totally against this kind of "selective" technology...

3 hours ago, dcro said:

Magic shoes WR, really.

I hope and I wish it's "only" magic shoes...and not just "another kind of magic"...:rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, phelps said:

I hope and I wish it's "only" magic shoes...and not just "another kind of magic"...:rolleyes:

Indeed. Shericka Jackson is somehow emulating Betty Cuthbert and Irena Szevinska, somehow, in this day and age of highly professional sport. :wacko:

#banbestmen