Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

bestmen

Athletics 2018 Discussion Thread

heywoodu    2,966
3 hours ago, SalamAkhi said:

WORLD RECORD FOR CHRISTIAN COLEMAN !

6.37 in Clemson today :yikes::clap:

:bowdown:

That's some record indeed!

ybbyaWl.png

Dragon    263

After Coleman set the record he had to drive 230 km from Clemson to Atlanta which was the nearest city where he could take a USADA drug test.

If he hadn't done this the record would not have counted.

SalamAkhi    15

He set the record at 6.45 PM, so he had 5h15 to rejoin Atlanta :d

Given his speed I think that's not a problem :) 

OlympicsFan    227
vor 22 Minuten schrieb Dragon:

After Coleman set the record he had to drive 230 km from Clemson to Atlanta which was the nearest city where he could take a USADA drug test.

If he hadn't done this the record would not have counted.

Is it already ratified? Hopefully not, it would be a joke, but considering that this is an american athlete and its only some non-olympic indoor event, i wouldnt be too surprised honestly ...

1) If it takes hours after the competition for him to take the test, the result is already pretty meaningless.

2) Was a NADA/WADA official with him all the time, otherwise there is no way that this can be ratified.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Dragon    263
10 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Is it already ratified? Hopefully not, it would be a joke, but considering that this is an american athlete and its only some non-olympic indoor event, i wouldnt be too surprised honestly ...

1) If it takes hours after the competition for him to take the test, the result is already pretty meaningless.

2) Was a NADA/WADA official with him all the time, otherwise there is no way that this can be ratified.

It takes months for the IAAF to ratify any world record.

Jur    69

So, aparently, this BIG MESS is a new athletics event. This is footage from a European Games Test held in Portugal last week, where some spanish teams were invited to take part and test the new event.

Apparently its called "Athlon", and it's so stupid I can't really believe this is going to happend. 

It's a relay-style race where each runner does some weitght-draggin while runing, then some throwing, then obtacules and finally they carry a big ball (?)

I am sorry but I can't understand a thing.

European Athletics is going to make official this discipline next year.

• Haha 1

heywoodu    2,966
1 hour ago, Jur said:

So, aparently, this BIG MESS is a new athletics event. This is footage from a European Games Test held in Portugal last week, where some spanish teams were invited to take part and test the new event.

Apparently its called "Athlon", and it's so stupid I can't really believe this is going to happend. 

It's a relay-style race where each runner does some weitght-draggin while runing, then some throwing, then obtacules and finally they carry a big ball (?)

I am sorry but I can't understand a thing.

European Athletics is going to make official this discipline next year.

It seems in English it's called the trackathlon and it consists of running (with weight, by the looks of the video), shot put, hurdles and standing long jump.

http://www.european-athletics.org/news/article=innovative-athletics-format-tested-portugal-ahead-2019-european-games/index.html

I'm just gonna go ahead and say 'No' on this. 

dcro    2,456

Decathlon isn't really urban, is it?

I think we have to consider the worst, that something like this might replace decathlon eventually.