website statistics

Formula 1 FIA World Championship 2021

Totallympics

Congrats to Perez, Latifi and safety-car for this title:p Max won the title but he lost the real fight on track yesterday: bad start, lost his place in first lap + many seconds behind Hamilton till that incident in lap 53:p 

Once again, Bottas proved that his very weak in a very good car. Thank God he's leaving next season. Perez did a great job yesterday:bowdown:

I hope next year we will see a fight in (at least) three: Russell, Hamilton and Verstappen. And why not a strong comeback from Ferrari.

50 minutes ago, vlad said:

Max won the title but he lost the real fight on track yesterday: bad start, lost his place in first lap + many seconds behind Hamilton till that incident in lap 53:p 

With one stop more than Hamilton, but yeah, on pace Hamilton was better yesterday. Luckily the championship isn't about one day, because looking at the year as a whole, Verstappen has quite simply been better. The simple fact that they were tied in points before the last race even with things like Hamilton's unbelievable luck in Imola, Verstappen's exploding tyre in Baku, Hamilton's move in Silverstone and Bottas' torpedo in Hungary says enough about that already.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, vlad said:

Congrats to Perez, Latifi and safety-car for this title:p Max won the title but he lost the real fight on track yesterday: bad start, lost his place in first lap + many seconds behind Hamilton till that incident in lap 53:p 

LOL

10 hours ago, heywoodu said:

With one stop more than Hamilton, but yeah, on pace Hamilton was better yesterday. Luckily the championship isn't about one day, because looking at the year as a whole, Verstappen has quite simply been better. The simple fact that they were tied in points before the last race even with things like Hamilton's unbelievable luck in Imola, Verstappen's exploding tyre in Baku, Hamilton's move in Silverstone and Bottas' torpedo in Hungary says enough about that already.

Remind me what happened in Imola? It's been such a long season 

27 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Remind me what happened in Imola? It's been such a long season 

An incredibly fortunate (for Hamilton) red flag right after he made a mistake which would have taken him out of any significant points contention. Due to the red flag, he got basically a free fresh start with an all fixed car and could cruise to 2nd. Not unlike Silverstone, where he sent Verstappen straight into the barriers with a way too enthousiastic move, damaged his front wing in the process...but could have the whole thing fixed due to the red flag.

It truly has been a season where Hamilton got lucky every single time. Now, for once, it didn't fall his way, and (English) social media is full with stuff about how Hamilton was robbed....like all those people watched literally one race and nothing else this year :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

An incredibly fortunate (for Hamilton) red flag right after he made a mistake which would have taken him out of any significant points contention. Due to the red flag, he got basically a free fresh start with an all fixed car and could cruise to 2nd. Not unlike Silverstone, where he sent Verstappen straight into the barriers with a way too enthousiastic move, damaged his front wing in the process...but could have the whole thing fixed due to the red flag.

It truly has been a season where Hamilton got lucky every single time. Now, for once, it didn't fall his way, and (English) social media is full with stuff about how Hamilton was robbed....like all those people watched literally one race and nothing else this year :d 

image.png

On 12/13/2021 at 10:47 AM, heywoodu said:

One or two more stops doesn't matter when a safety-car is on track, you know that very well;) "the championship isn't about one day", well, it could have been about one day without Latifi's accident. Pitty F1 is not about real talent anymore, but about who has the strongest engine. The real F1 was in early 2000's when Schumacher, Montoya, Coulthard, Raikkonen, etc made great races and was a pleasure to watch F1. Too many stupid fines and penalties for the drivers now. 

I'm happy for Max, don't get me wrong, despite I'm a Hamilton fan, but I just say that this is not a nice way to win a title in F1.

5 hours ago, vlad said:

One or two more stops doesn't matter when a safety-car is on track, you know that very well;) "the championship isn't about one day", well, it could have been about one day without Latifi's accident. Pitty F1 is not about real talent anymore, but about who has the strongest engine. The real F1 was in early 2000's when Schumacher, Montoya, Coulthard, Raikkonen, etc made great races and was a pleasure to watch F1. Too many stupid fines and penalties for the drivers now. 

I'm happy for Max, don't get me wrong, despite I'm a Hamilton fan, but I just say that this is not a nice way to win a title in F1.

And in the early 2000's, people said the real F1 was with Senna and Mansell and Prost and so on. And in their days the real F1 was with Jim Clark and in his days the real F1 was with Fangio and Ascari....recency bias :p 

Most of Schumacher's wins were not much less boring than Hamilton's wins, I remember young me often just ended up going back to my room because nothing happened anyway :d 

And my point was: yeah, Latifi's accident was lucky for Verstappen. Which he could use because Red Bull had been smarter and used the moments that came up better than Mercedes. And mostly, it was a bit of luck for Verstappen....finally, after a year in which Hamilton lucked his way straight to even being tied in the first place, finally it fell a different way this time. Sucks for Hamilton that it happened in the last moment of the year, but tough luck, it was bound to finally go the other way for once.