website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2020

Rest In Peace

It's time for a short break and a moment of remembrance. A little over a month ago, rock great Eddie van Halen passed away. Together with his brother Alex he had an incredible influence on music in the past few decades, and there is in fact a bit of a link with the Veluwe: south of the Veluwe is the city of Nijmegen, which is where the musical life of the Van Halen brothers started, after moving there from Amsterdam and before moving to the US, from where they became superstars.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I don't have as much ESC knowledge and songs in my mind as I'm sure you do, but Lordi is probably my all-time number one :d

Or number two, after Carl Espen's Silent Storm :bowdown:

I didn't Lordi's type of songs :d but it wasn't bad winner at all. Much better than winners in 2011, 2014, 2016 and 2018 (Ell&Niki from :AZE, Conchita from :AUT and Jamala from :UKR with Netta from :ISR ) :lol: 

2 minutes ago, rybak said:

I didn't Lordi's type of songs :d but it wasn't bad winner at all. Much better than winners in 2011, 2014, 2016 and 2018 (Ell&Niki from :AZE, Conchita from :AUT and Jamala from :UKR with Netta from :ISR ) :lol: 

I don't remember Jamala's song at all, I found Netta's performance rather.....not so good :lol: I actually really liked Conchita's song, I just found her voice to be very much off and just not enjoyable, which is a shame, because the song itself was (in my opinion) really good and would have been wonderful with a stronger voice.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I don't remember Jamala's song at all, I found Netta's performance rather.....not so good :lol: I actually really liked Conchita's song, I just found her voice to be very much off and just not enjoyable, which is a shame, because the song itself was (in my opinion) really good and would have been wonderful with a stronger voice.

Good, there isn't nothing good to remember about that entry :d 

I noticed that overally in last 20 years most of runner-ups are better than actual winners

Totallympics International Song Contest Oaths

Competitors' oath

Hua Chenyu, China

"In the name of all competitors, I promise that we shall take part in

this contest, respecting and abiding by the rules that govern TISC

- committing ourselves to a competition that values respect and the

true spirit of sportsmanship, for the glory of music and the honor of our nations!"

Jury members' oath

Werloc, Lithuania

"In the name of all the jury members, I promise that we shall adjudicate

in our deliberations at this contest with complete impartiality, respecting and

abiding by the rules which govern TISC in the true spirit of sportsmanship!"

Hosts' oath

heywoodu, The Netherlands

"We promise that we shall organize this contest, respecting and abiding by the rules

that govern TISC - committing ourselves to overseeing a competition that values

respect and promotes the true spirit of sportsmanship, for the glory of

music and the honor of our nations!"

1 minute ago, rybak said:

Good, there isn't nothing good to remember about that entry :d 

Excuse me :yikes:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Hosts' oath

#latewoodu, The Netherlands

"We promise that we shall organize this contest, respecting and abiding by the rules

that govern TISC - committing ourselves to overseeing a competition that values

respect and promotes the true spirit of sportsmanship, for the glory of

music and the honor of our nations!"

Thank God, there's nothing about punctuality in the hosts' oath.