website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2020

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Apeldoorn's biggest musical star

Apeldoorn is not a very big city and so there are not a whole lot of good artists coming out of this area. However, one singer has definitely made a rather good name for himself: Willem Bijkerk, better known as Waylon. In 2014 he got as close to winning the Eurovision Song Contest as a Dutch entry had been in a very long time, but together with Ilse DeLange he was beaten by a more....spectacular entry. A couple of years later Waylon finished in 18th position by himself, without a doubt the highest ranking ever for an Apeldoorn solo artist at the ESC!

For me it's one of the best Eurovision entries of all time, only Il Volo's Grande Amore and I Would Die For You of Antique are higher :hearts: 

An old creature returns, friend or foe?

We're taking another look at the Veluwe, an area which in recent years has received quite a bit of media attention and for good reason: someone has returned! After an absence of more than 140 years, the wolf is back in the forests, most likely having roamed out of Germany. A good amount of nature lovers are excited about it, local sheep and deers are not among them...especially considering the fact it's not a lone wolf anymore, there's a whole family by now! Exact locations are never really given in order to protect them, but rest assured (or not), they are most definitely walking around in the area roughly between Nunspeet and Apeldoorn - otherwise known as the entire area where the TOISC 2020 delegations are located!

A female wolf being filmed closer than ever on the Veluwe

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, rybak said:

For me it's one of the best Eurovision entries of all time, only Il Volo's Grande Amore and I Would Die For You of Antique are higher :hearts: 

I don't have as much ESC knowledge and songs in my mind as I'm sure you do, but Lordi is probably my all-time number one :d

Or number two, after Carl Espen's Silent Storm :bowdown:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, hckosice said:

ehm..

when will the minibar supposed to be refilled ?

You asked that not even 3 minutes ago buddy..

Just now, dcro said:

You can always ask for an express refill.

drunk cary grant GIF by Turner Classic Movies

I thought this GIF was on a loop but it is actually @hckosice's real-time drinking pace..