website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest - Special Event

7 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I think the real problem is that people can't take off the nameplates or can't tone down their ideals when judging.

It's like somewhat hating on Eurovision for political voting, yet TISC really has its own consistent problems.

Old famous international artists - good

Relevant international artists famous here and now - bad

Bryan Adams, The Cranberries, Bob Marley, Eddy Grant, John Lennon, Roxette - good

Shawn Mendes, Charlie Puth, Dua Lipa, Childish Gambino - bad (named the most recent cases that I could remember, won't go through the entire history of TISC now :d

Then of course to throw off my theory, stuff like The Script, Kodaline, Birdy + Rhodes or Rag'N'Bone Man somehow win the entire competition. But wake me up when it's someone outside Ireland or UK.

Relevant international artists famous here and now are not all bad. There are also piles of thrash among old famous artists too, no doubt. It's just, at least to me (or it may be that I am just too old for the modern modern music :lol:) that the artist you mentioned sound soul-less to me. They may have vocals and all the assets but they fail to convey any emotion, any message. And now I am being biased and will tell, all these you mentioned sound sooo overproduced that I don't know where music ends and where technology starts. Someone should try to enter more live versions maybe :d 

@OlympicIRL Could you make a clarification about tomorrow’s schedule. The master schedule says Group A, B, and C are due up again, while I believe it’s supposed to be Groups D, E, and F.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

@dcro did you pick up any of the judging comments from that Burundi v South Korea match? What went wrong for South Korea?

At least a couple of them complained about mouth being opened throughout the performance. :mumble:

#banbestmen

7 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

@OlympicIRL Could you make a clarification about tomorrow’s schedule. The master schedule says Group A, B, and C are due up again, while I believe it’s supposed to be Groups D, E, and F.

Yeah, just a typo in the opening post. Tomorrow it's Groups D, E and F.

The 3rd post in the thread has the best and most reliable schedule. There's also a link to the complete schedule in that first post.

18 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Relevant international artists famous here and now are not all bad. There are also piles of thrash among old famous artists too, no doubt. It's just, at least to me (or it may be that I am just too old for the modern modern music :lol:) that the artist you mentioned sound soul-less to me. They may have vocals and all the assets but they fail to convey any emotion, any message. And now I am being biased and will tell, all these you mentioned sound sooo overproduced that I don't know where music ends and where technology starts. Someone should try to enter more live versions maybe :d 

In a few years from now we're going to have extra rules for entries. Like what level of popularity can't the contestants exceed :d

I understand where you're coming from with the viewpoint of over-produced music, but at the end of the day, there are still some songs that those artists shouldn't be able to lose to, if we're actually judging music here :(

But honestly, what the fuck do I even know when that song has over 200 million views. Seeing as I know a lot of very talented artists that struggle to reach 10K, I can say that the world is very cruel, when a podcast in Spanish has 20x times more views than the biggest Lithuanian song in the entire history of our country. Today's a bad day for me, not gonna lie :lol:

Yeah, Asia getting only 4/24 votes is an underperformance to say the least.

Maybe indeed it's the China effect. Wouldn't be the first time that some formula which worked at one edition immediately stops working for the next.

#banbestmen

I guess one of the reasons why "La Vuelta al Mundo" has so many views is because of the lyrics. From the perspective of a non-Spanish speaker, the song might sound like simply a guy talking, without any artistic talent. However, what makes this song so interesting is the meaning and how the writer structured the song. 

The song basically tells how a man realizes that his life sucks. He has spent his whole life studying to get a good job, and once he has the job and a good salary, he is not happy because he is not doing what he really likes. So after a while, he decides to quit after proposing to his girlfriend. The story is quite simple, but from a literary point of view, the lyrics are very interesting to read as a poem, since they play with the double sense of some words and expressions, and the writer uses this to criticize some aspects of the society he doesn't like.

In fact, they became popular in Spain and Latin America during the early 2010s because of the way they wrote... The music is not the only thing to determine if a song is a good one or not.

Just to be clear, writing this comment does not mean that I entered the song.

Just a reminder to everyone that Japan Day is on this Friday, 24th July and I really encourage and beg you all to contribute anything and everything you can to celebrate Japan on that day. I stress the word beg as I would be afraid that Japan Day will go unmarked otherwise :d

2 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Just a reminder to everyone that Japan Day is on this Friday, 24th July and I really encourage and beg you all to contribute anything and everything you can to celebrate Japan on that day. I stress the word beg as I would be afraid that Japan Day will go unmarked otherwise :d

will do! Can even share some pics from my when I went there two years ago :d