website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

41 minutes ago, uk12points said:

However, if this appeal is successful the IOC will have effectively done nothing, so they may consider increasing the punishment to a ban

That’s for the CAS to decide, but any proper judge would side with the athletes on this one, you don’t punish people twice for one offense. Now for the people who were implicated in the report they will probably remain banned.

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

That’s for the CAS to decide, but any proper judge would side with the athletes on this one, you don’t punish people twice for one offense. Now for the people who were implicated in the report they will probably remain banned.

This is so obviously a pointless rule that won't hold up that I;m wondering if the IOC have a legal trick hidden here?

and this http://www.iwf.net/2016/07/25/iwf-on-the-decision-of-the-ioc-executive-board/

The IWF is among those IFs where the Entry List is subject to changes following the eligibility check.

As soon the IWF receives the relevant answers, information and clarification, the IWF Executive Board will issue the final decision on the eligibility of the Russian weightlifters.

28 minutes ago, Dmitry said:

FISA decision about Russia.

Anastasiia Karabelshchikova, Ivan Podshivalov and Ivan Balandin can't compete. I looks like Russia lost women's eight and maybe one men's boat - four or eight.

Only women's eight is problem because athletes from m8+ can compete in m4- and athletes from m4- can compete in m8+. But maybe it would be too much for them. We will see.

but it is 404: page not found now :lol::d

Edited by dareza

1 hour ago, Dragon said:

This is so obviously a pointless rule that won't hold up that I;m wondering if the IOC have a legal trick hidden here?

The conspiracy theorist in me likes to think that the IOC made a rule that wouldn’t hold up in court just so they can say they did something, but very little actually happens.

I mean we just saw Tae-hwan Park win a CAS battle against the South Korean Olympic Committee which imposed a similar ban on him.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/olympics/2016/07/25/russia-olympics-team-could-be-cut-to-40-as-ioc-backlash-grows/

Citation

As well as denying admission to any Russian to have been sanctioned for doping, the IOC will use an independent expert to weed out those considered to have undergone insufficiently rigorous drug-testing in the build-up to Rio.

It was anticipated on Monday night that this process would decimate the Russia team from what would have been almost 400 at full strength to a delegation that could even end up as small as 40.

An answear to the backlash of yesterday (and the very lazy job of some of the IFs) ?

Edited by De_Gambassi

3 hours ago, De_Gambassi said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/olympics/2016/07/25/russia-olympics-team-could-be-cut-to-40-as-ioc-backlash-grows/

An answear to the backlash of yesterday (and the very lazy job of some of the IFs) ?

Ouch, that's gotta hurt... I wouldn't be surprised Putin will announce a boycott before the opening.

7 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Russia media reporting Russian weightlifter Ruslan Albegov failed a drug test at London 2012,

president of federation said that they didn't recieve anything about positive doping test