website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

vor 9 Minuten schrieb FC Mezhgorye:

I read this report. salt there is mentioned only in relation to the Sochi 2014. You said: " Well, the quotas in the Men's K2 200m and C1 200m as well as the Women's K1 200m and K2 500m were won by the help of athletes who were named in the McLaren report - cheaters, to be straight up here"  an"the WADA secured the samples from September 2014  to December 2014 which were stored in Moscow in order to analyse them." WC was august 2015 and therefore I say that if athletes are suspended, then Russia has the right to replace these athletes, but not to lose quotas.

You are partially right, I mixed some facts up. Here are some quotes from the McLaren report to solve this confusion.

On the time range of the positive samles: In fact, they are not related only to the time span Sep14-Dec14.

p.25

'Olivier Rabin wrote to Dr. Rodchenkov in December 2014 requesting to secure
and save all the samples being held at the Moscow Laboratory. There were some
10,000 samples in the Laboratory at the date of that letter. Shortly after its receipt
in Moscow, the Laboratory destroyed some 8,000 samples it held dated prior to
10 September 2014.'

p.35

'The Disappearing Positive Methodology was identified as operating over the
period from at least late 2011 to August 2015. It affected athletes from all sport
36 disciplines whose urine samples were being analysed by the Moscow
Laboratory.'

p.39

'In total, over the period 2012-2015, the IP found the Disappearing Positive
Methodology used on 643 positive samples.'

You are right, these seamples were not contaminded with salt. Those which were not destroyed were analyzed and 643 came back with a positive result.

However, the 'salt methodology' was not only used for the Sochi samples.

pp.43-46

'The IC has reported on how, in advance of the WADA visit, Dr. Rodchenkov destroyed 1417 samples analysed more than 90 days before 10 September 2016.'

(...)

'Of the remaining samples not destroyed by the Laboratory, 37 were positive samples
for which a negative report had been made in ADAMS following the Disappearing Positive Methodology.'

(...)

'This corroborates Dr. Rodchenkov’s evidence that the 37 samples were covered up with the sample swapping methodology discussed in Chapter 5 in connection with the Sochi Games.'

(...)

'As previously noted, Dr. Rodchenkov’s evidence was that salt was sometimes added to the clean replacement urine where necessary to raise the SG [Specific Gravity] of the sample to be consistent with the SG reported on the initial DCF.'

2 minutes ago, Canada4thewin said:

My question is was what the purpose of this if they can the IF let them compete.

Totally pointless.:thumbdown:

they will lose about 15 medals for sure (or even more)- athletics(5/6), weightlifting(5/6), canoeing(2/3) and swimming(2/3)

vor 18 Minuten schrieb dareza:

Same for judo, all 11 athletes will be in Rio.

What a big surprise if you bring the close friendship between IJF president Marius Vizer and IJF honorary president to your mind ;)

Oh, these are the IJF honorary members: http://www.intjudo.eu/Honorary_Members7

Edited by LowerSaxony

8 minutes ago, dareza said:

they will lose about 15 medals for sure (or even more)- athletics(5/6), weightlifting(5/6), canoeing(2/3) and swimming(2/3)

No way they lose 3 medals in canoeing with these names :p More like 1 or if everything went perfect, 2 :d 

About weightlifting, is it 100% certain that they will all be banned then? Because so far it's only Kashirina (1 "sure" medal) and Albegov (one very good medal chance), because Romanova would most likely not have medalled anyway :p 

Of course I agree though, don't get me wrong, overall this whole thing costs them quite a lot of medals. 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

For modern pentathlon 3 athletes will be in Rio. Kustov is out. And Frolov who was reserve is also out.

http://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1039985/uipm-excludes-two-russians-from-rio-2016-for-implication-in-mclaren-report

Edited by dareza

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

No way they lose 3 medals in canoeing with these names :p More like 1 or if everything went perfect, 2 :d 

About weightlifting, is it 100% certain that they will all be banned then? Because so far it's only Kashirina (1 "sure" medal) and Albegov (one very good medal chance), because Romanova would most likely not have medalled anyway :p 

I don't know really. There is no news for weightlifting. That was only my opinion :d