website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

1 minute ago, dareza said:

This quota already went to Latvia it seems. At least they are getting the job done.

http://olimpiade.lv/lv/jaunumi/zinas/diskvalificeti-krievijas-modernas-pieccinas-sportisti-startes-r-nakonecnijs-1068

#banbestmen

15 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

No way they lose 3 medals in canoeing with these names :p More like 1 or if everything went perfect, 2 :d 

About weightlifting, is it 100% certain that they will all be banned then? Because so far it's only Kashirina (1 "sure" medal) and Albegov (one very good medal chance), because Romanova would most likely not have medalled anyway :p 

Of course I agree though, don't get me wrong, overall this whole thing costs them quite a lot of medals. 

Of course. only in athletics:Isinbayeva, Kuchina, Shubenkov + about 5-6 with good chance for medal. In swimming (Efimova x2, Morozov (?), 4x100, Ustinova (she had great time) and even maybe women's 4x100mix). Canoeing (c1 200 and maybe c2 1000 and k2 200). In weightlifting (at least 2).

Edited by dareza

24 minutes ago, LowerSaxony said:

What a big surprise if you bring the close friendship between IJF president Marius Vizer and IJF honorary president to your mind ;)

Oh, these are the IJF honorary members: http://www.intjudo.eu/Honorary_Members7

Didn't you hear that judo is Putin's favourite sport? ;) Of course IJF will favour him.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

21 minutes ago, dcro said:

Didn't you hear that judo is Putin's favourite sport? ;) Of course IJF will favour him.

and from Equestrian federation green light. All athletes will be in Rio.

Edited by dareza

16 minutes ago, dareza said:

So, still no news from AIBA, IHF, ITU, ITTF, FIE.

I'm sure IHF will not do anything, dont see anyway doping helps in team sports, about the others..... FIE is the big one since Russia have a good amount of medal contenders in almost every weapon and gender