website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

17 minutes ago, FireRun said:

So Slovenia sent 5 women to the games, but we can't field a team for the relay? I get that Anamarija and Eva are focusing on the team sprint, but still...

Maybe :SVK have some spare: nobody would notice.

15 minutes ago, stepansevs said:

Do you have some information why Alena Procházková still did not end her career? I have not seen her good results for years.

since she is still without competition in Slovakia, I guess we will use her to win quotas for us until she´ll turn 80 or so when someone here will finally beat her :p

2 hours ago, FireRun said:

So Slovenia sent 5 women to the games, but we can't field a team for the relay? I get that Anamarija and Eva are focusing on the team sprint, but still...

Yes, Lampič will focus on Team sprint, depending on, whether Urevc can get better or not. So with Urevc and Lampič out, we have only 3 athletes.

Fun fact, according to FIS, we got 6 places in women CC skiing, so we "forgot" to send one more athlete to represent us, at least in Relay. :d

Meanwhile our flag-bearer Marko Skender placed 85th. It is the worst interval race result ever for Croatia. He fought hard, prepared for months with his daddy coach, but finally managed to beat that pesky long-standing low (79th place from Lillehammer 1994). :bowdown::bowdown:

Goes to show that we will never progress here. Nothing has been done after the amazing 47th and 53rd places in Pyeongchang (out of 120 starters).

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, justony said:

Yes, Lampič will focus on Team sprint, depending on, whether Urevc can get better or not. So with Urevc and Lampič out, we have only 3 athletes.

Fun fact, according to FIS, we got 6 places in women CC skiing, so we "forgot" to send one more athlete to represent us, at least in Relay. :d

I think it would benefit Eva to have another race day under her belt before the team sprint. Hell put her in the first group that way she gets some proper race day test not to mention test the wax.