website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2021

Totallympics

France coach was very disappointed from the girls today ...

Simon was put out on the last leg to rest her for the Single Mixed.

I think they will not be Great contenders in the Relay, maybe in the Single Mixed, but most of Jacquelins work, I think.

1 hour ago, JonPhi said:

France coach was very disappointed from the girls today ...

Simon was put out on the last leg to rest her for the Single Mixed.

I think they will not be Great contenders in the Relay, maybe in the Single Mixed, but most of Jacquelins work, I think.

I don't know... I know they won the first one this year, but Chevalier-Bouchet is a bit more reliable on the range and pretty quick. 

15 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I don't know... I know they won the first one this year, but Chevalier-Bouchet is a bit more reliable on the range and pretty quick. 

Chevalier said she has no more power and need to rest until the weekend, so I think we don‘t See her. I was a bit disappointed that they don‘t give Chloe Chevalier a chance today. If she had presented well, she could be good for the relay because Braisaz is a little bit a disaster at the moment.

And that Simon would have no chance today, have we seen in the previous Individual competitions this year.

5 minutes ago, JonPhi said:

Chevalier said she has no more power and need to rest until the weekend, so I think we don‘t See her. I was a bit disappointed that they don‘t give Chloe Chevalier a chance today. If she had presented well, she could be good for the relay because Braisaz is a little bit a disaster at the moment.

And that Simon would have no chance today, have we seen in the previous Individual competitions this year.

Simon ruined the same amount of relays if not more than Braisaz, so really, they just need to accept the fact that they're a team of absolute wildcards. 

1 hour ago, JonPhi said:

Women’s Relay could be highlight of the championships. 
Norway far away of the rest, and then a fight between at least 5 nations for the rest medals, because all have at least 1 or 2 weak points in their relay.

It is very unlikely that the race will unfold like that.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Oh well I don't know why I see a Bulgarian dominating biathlon in few years. Milena Todorova has got great ski speed, something which the bulgarians lack. Would have won gold by considerable margin had she shot clear, I know many can say the same but a Bulgarian female biathlethe being able to say that is definitely new ( at least in the last 5 years maybe) She should work on her shooting for next season. 

I remember her doing the same at junior level. I am not sure whether she will ever be able to fix her shooting. Some years ago there was a girl from Kazakhstan who was in a similar position but never fixed her shooting. Also very weird to see someone from Bulgaria skiing that fast, considering that they are completely nonexistent in cross-country.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Watching the competition now, this time with Eurosport's English commentators to change things up a bit, but wow....they are...not very good, are they? "A miss, normally she'd hit 20/20 in this race!"

No, nobody 'normally hits 20/20' in a 20-shot race.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!