website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2021

Totallympics

I kind of like this result. Davidova is one of my favorite athletes in biathlon. A medal for Öberg was pretty much a guarantee. German athletes consistent as usual, but always with one miss too much. Who would have thought before this season that Preuß would beat Herrmann in an individual with the same number of misses. Just shows how horrible Herrmann is this season. Personally I would prefer it if biathlon world championships would only take place every 2 years. Having them every year makes the results pretty much meaningless.

Mironova could still win a medal sadly.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

Wierer should win the individual crystal globe on countback after Hauser dropped off the podium.

Hojnisz will qualify for the mass start with her Top 20 finish here.

yes, Tandrevold gifted Wierer the crystal globe for the Individual race...

very good team performance by the Swiss girls, too...

Oh well I don't know why I see a Bulgarian dominating biathlon in few years. Milena Todorova has got great ski speed, something which the bulgarians lack. Would have won gold by considerable margin had she shot clear, I know many can say the same but a Bulgarian female biathlethe being able to say that is definitely new ( at least in the last 5 years maybe) She should work on her shooting for next season.