website statistics

Shooting ISSF Rifle & Pistol Final World Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Maldini deserved to go to Paris but it won't be easy. He is 4th in the world ranking, so he must to advance here or overtake the Latvian in the last two World Cups. Unfortunately, France is weak in this competition and only 1st place in the world ranking. Don't say anything about the level of our girls, because it's a total disgrace... Italian shooting today is only Monna, Solazzo and Maldini. The female sector is practically non-existent :(

Edited by copravolley

1 minute ago, phelps said:

:LAT Lauris Strautmanis gets the nominative OQP via OQR in the men's 10m Air Pistol, meanwhile :AUT Sylvia Steiner gets the nominative OQP via OQR in the women's 10m Air Pistol

Strautmanis? He can advance for the rankings, but not yet.

Just now, phelps said:

sorry, I forgot that there are still 2 world cup events that might change the OQR, I thought it ended this week :facepalm:

If Maldini advances from here tomorrow the Latvian will basically also be certain of promotion. I hope that!

1 hour ago, phelps said:

just asking myself why in this competition are there people that already achieved the qualification (and therefore can't get any other quota place) and/or why tare there those mixed team events that don't award any quota place?

nor those events award points for the OQR/WR, therefore are absolutely useless for those who are not in the hunt for a quota place and actually only make a lot of confusion :facepalm:

I was confused too. I swear I remember reading in the qualification document that the event was only open to non-qualified and eligible athletes, but reading it again it wasn't there.

Maybe I misremembered

We will be sending a full team in Rifle & Pistol to Paris :clap:  Getting our 16/16th quota place.

( Although we might have a double starter in 10m & 25m AP women) 

This is also our 20th shooting quota & we will be sending our largest shooting contingent ever to Paris, hopefully we get some medals in Paris after disappointment in Rio & Tokyo. 

We now have qualified 67 athletes (excluding reserves/alternates) in 11 sports :thumbup:

( counting 1 from weightlifting & 7 from badminton, which will be made official this month end.) 

The long trip to Rio ,targeting for this single quota is a success :d

women's 10m Air Pistol

Gold: :ARM Elmira Karapetyan

Silver: :THA Kamonlak Saencha

Bronze: :IND Palak

Olympic Quota Places (to the NOC, NOT to the Athlete): :THA & :IND 

Full Results and Ranking

https://www.issf-sports.org/competitions/venue/csevent.ashx?cseventid=19495