website statistics

Weightlifting IWF World Cup 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

the French weightlifting federation also announced the qualification of Romain Imadouchène -89kg. And that the last place would be played out between Bernardin Kingue-Matam (-71 kg), Brandon Vautard (-102 kg) and Anthony Coullet (+102 kg)

taking a look at 89kg results (Group C and D) I think it's 99% safe to say that :AUS Kyle Bruce will take the continental quota. he had to battle his teammate Oliver Saxton and beat him by a kilo in Group C (336 vs 335)

it's almost a sure thing that all other 4 continents will have someone in top 10 and there is nobody else from Oceania

Posted (edited)

men's -81kg

Gold: :PRK Ri Chong Song (total: 366kg)

Silver: :TKM Maksad Meredov (total: 328kg)

Bronze: :CAN Samuel Guertin (total: 315kg)

Full Results

https://iwf.sport/results/results-by-events/?event_id=599

Group A Full Scoreboard

M -81kg.JPG

Edited by phelps

that was crazy, Karlos Nasar could easy break the total WR but he wanted to break everything :d tried 224 to break both CJ and total WR and missed it by the narrowest possible margin. 

he broke the snatch WR but the Colombian former doper Yeison Lopez broke it again one minute later.

Nasar is easily capable of 400 or 405. if I was China I wouldn't pick this weight because even the silver medal is hard to win. but it's also funny if World #1 doesn't go to the Olympics. but that happens in women's weightlifting anyway :thumbdown:

3 minutes ago, MHSN said:

that was crazy, Karlos Nasar could easy break the total WR but he wanted to break everything :d tried 224 to break both CJ and total WR and missed it by the narrowest possible margin. 

he broke the snatch WR but the Colombian former doper Yeison Lopez broke it again one minute later.

Nasar is easily capable of 400 or 405. if I was China I wouldn't pick this weight because even the silver medal is hard to win. but it's also funny if World #1 doesn't go to the Olympics. but that happens in women's weightlifting anyway :thumbdown:

I wouldn't pick this weight either. Li Dayin always lose critical events for many times and this time as usual. And he has 3 main rivals in this weight, ie the other 3 top4 in this world cup. So even if one or two of them underperform in OG, he may still lose the game. But 73kg Shi Zhiyong clearly just has one major rival, the :INA young man. So if he underperform in OG, the 2-time OG defending champion would easily grasp the chance.