Programme 114826ez87b86sig8ubgz8.png
Results System 112255r04u4pz70n9mu99d.png
Results Database 160706oyh04y5y4bzsnssy.png
Facebook Page 000832qcaljaxz2cfx2jfq.png
Discussion Thread 160706oyh04y5y4bzsnssy.png
Edited by Sindo

Posted (edited)

the new MLB season is officially underway!!! :cheer:

LA Dodgers :cheer: and San Diego Padres are opening this year's campaign with a couple of games in :KOR Seoul, Today (the game started at 11 a.m. CET) and Tomorrow

the full program, instead, will start next Thursday, March 28th

Edited by phelps

Well, it didn't take long for off the field stuff to take over. Ohtani's interpreter was fired due to 4.5 million gambling funds being transferred from Ohtani's account.

What are the odds Ohtani himself was the gambler and the interpreter simply took the fall or else we'd have another Pete Rose case here? That's more plausible than Mizuhara actually stealing 4.5 milion and nobody actually taking notice of that (no matter how big Ohtani's account number really is and I guess he has several anyway).

I assume there won't be any serious investigation after the guilty party was found out already? :p

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-68622772

45 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Well, it didn't take long for off the field stuff to take over. Ohtani's interpreter was fired due to 4.5 million gambling funds being transferred from Ohtani's account.

What are the odds Ohtani himself was the gambler and the interpreter simply took the fall or else we'd have another Pete Rose case here? That's more plausible than Mizuhara actually stealing 4.5 milion and nobody actually taking notice of that (no matter how big Ohtani's account number really is and I guess he has several anyway).

I assume there won't be any serious investigation after the guilty party was found out already? :p

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-68622772

Seems crazy to me that he would be in that deep into gambling.  And 100% his interpreter may be the fall guy for an investigation that's never going to happen because no one wants to find out the truth.

@Quaker2001Because sport gambling was illegal in USA for so long I guess people there still have a hard time accepting the fact gambling is a popular addiction in general and Pete Rose wasn't the great outlier after all. On the contrary, sports gambling is massively popular across the world though from a cultural standpoint I don't know how popular it actually is in Japan. It wanders the other ways too, horse race betting is probably more popular in USA than any other country but of course that comes as a spin-off to the original sports gambling ban. Plus we still don't know what sports this case revolves around unless someone leaks the details.

3 hours ago, Monzanator said:

@Quaker2001Because sport gambling was illegal in USA for so long I guess people there still have a hard time accepting the fact gambling is a popular addiction in general and Pete Rose wasn't the great outlier after all. On the contrary, sports gambling is massively popular across the world though from a cultural standpoint I don't know how popular it actually is in Japan. It wanders the other ways too, horse race betting is probably more popular in USA than any other country but of course that comes as a spin-off to the original sports gambling ban. Plus we still don't know what sports this case revolves around unless someone leaks the details.

Here's the thing though since you mentioned Pete Rose.  For years and years dating back to the Black Sox scandal, gambling was the number one sin throughout baseball.  And it was posted in every clubhouse that you're not allowed to bet on baseball.  So even if Rose wasn't an outlier, he still broke the cardinal rule of being a baseball player.

If Ohtani is betting on sports, I wonder what else it might be if not baseball?  Sumo wrestling?  There's obviously a lot of unknowns here.  If we find out at some point that Ohtani was betting on baseball, that's going to be a major problem.  So it's all hope that's not it.

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Opening Day is underway. To nobody's surprise Angels are getting pantsed by the Orioles :lol:

Started out so well for them.  Trout homered in the 1st, seemed like the Angels might have something.  Then they have nothing from there.  Will likely be the story for them all season

55 minutes ago, Quaker2001 said:

Started out so well for them.  Trout homered in the 1st, seemed like the Angels might have something.  Then they have nothing from there.  Will likely be the story for them all season

That's been the story of the Angels ever since Trout entered the league :d (besides 2014). At least he had Ohtani to keep him company for a few years.