website statistics

Boxing IOC Olympic Qualifier 1 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

21 hours ago, Fer GUA said:

All Guatemalan boxers are out at this tournament. Last Games a :GUA boxer participated was in 2008. 

We also haven't participated since 2008, when we had 2 boxers.

For Tokyo we had 3 boxers who were each one victory away from qualification, but they all lost.

Now here we only have one left (Karaitis), and he has to win today and tomorrow to get the quota and I think it's very unlikely.

Let's see what will happen at the other world qualification tournament...

Bandi Csemez lost to Kim JiJea of :KOR 2:3 in the -80kg quartefrinal.

I was hoping on him to repeat his/our participation in this sport after Tokyo, but sadly it did not happen, unless a very unlikely miracle of him in Bangkok, very likely it will be no boxing in Paris for us... :(

Only 14 qualified athletes, This will be for sure the smallest delegation we ever send to the Olympics, We never had less than 40 before... Hopefully we will somehow manage to send at least 20 athletes at the end, but I do not see from which hat we would pull them out of though... but, yeah, that is the consequences of how sport is taken and conducted in this country led by shitty and corrupted politicians. This is only the beginning, there absolutely no future for sport here, I imagine us being even a tripartite contender country around 2032 games or so...