website statistics

Women's Basketball FIBA Olympic Qualification Tournaments 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

8 minutes ago, intoronto said:

The fix is in

Yeah, Spain is in "friendly game" mode for now, I am guessing they aren't using key players as much as they would if this was serious for them. 

Hungary has to decide this match before the final quarter, I can see Spain ramping up the pace for the end of the match. 

Edited by Vektor

2 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

I find it dishonest, we cannot deprive a country of not qualifying just because it is a candidate for Olympic medals.

Of course they can, this happens regularly in volleyball, football and countless other sports. Anything that isn't single elimination brings opportunities for future bracket tampering.

6 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Don't blame the Spanish team, blame the moronic system, that allows 75% of teams in a group of 4 to qualify.. :facepalm:

Yeah. I think this is less about Spain throwing and more about them not risking injury and not being 100% into it while Hungary is playing for their life and they are also playing on a very high level (for now). There's no reason for Spain to take this match anywhere near as seriously as Hungary does. 

I think the fact that we are the only team that beat Japan here should be enough of a justification for our quota if we win it. 

Edited by Vektor