website statistics

Track Cycling UCI Nations Cup 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

39 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Disappointing result for :FRA women's team sprint - 47.750 and likely to finish 7th overall. Feel they really needed a top 5 finish if they wanted to put pressure on Canada for the last quota spot.

I think now it's over we have no chance of qualifying

Impressive from the GBR sprint ladies to convincingly beating GER, feels like they have moved to favourites for Paris with Marchant on lead off.

Hopefully Lavreysen will recover soon, maybe he will participate in the keirin this weekend. 

Good win for Australia. Way better than the other teams. I think in normal circumstances the Dutch team could have ride a 42.27. Not easily, but possible. So we have a very exciting Olympic Games in teamsprint to come.

Anyone have a clue where the UCI stream of day two can be found? I'd check Tiz-cycling, but their website is down again :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

20 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Anyone have a clue where the UCI stream of day two can be found? I'd check Tiz-cycling, but their website is down again :p 

https://myworldofcycling.com

All sessions are available to watch (at least I’m pretty sure, I don’t see any payment options), all you need to do is create an account ;)

Edited by Josh

52 minutes ago, Josh said:

https://myworldofcycling.com

All sessions are available to watch (at least I’m pretty sure, I don’t see any payment options), all you need to do is create an account ;)

Thanks! I'll look at it tomorrow I think, since right after my post Tiz-cycling went back up and had the link to UCI's YouTube video (which is unlisted, so one needs the link) :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Finucane dominating her Kierin semi final (quite a loaded semi with Gros and Friedrich) is exciting to see. She should be a contender in Paris. Will be hoping to take the form into the final and win the competition here.

18 minutes ago, RussB said:

Finucane dominating her Kierin semi final (quite a loaded semi with Gros and Friedrich) is exciting to see. She should be a contender in Paris. Will be hoping to take the form into the final and win the competition here.

Personally, I’d say even more than a contender. Right now she’s the favourite for gold at Paris (very slightly), and even if she doesn’t win gold I don’t see her missing the podium. But who knows, the Olympics always tend to produce a lot of surprises :d

Just now, Josh said:

Personally, I’d say even more than a contender. Right now she’s the favourite for gold at Paris (very slightly), and even if she doesn’t win gold I don’t see her missing the podium. But who knows, the Olympics always tend to produce a lot of surprises :d

She has had many disappointing results in the event despite her successes in the individual sprint over the past 2 years, tactically she has appeared to get caught out so I don’t think a “favourite” tag can be said with any degree of certainty.

Come Paris this event could be really wide open. However, there is a chance that if she arrives in dominating form she could feasibly go for all 3 titles.