website statistics

Shooting Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

4 minutes ago, RaileanuEcaterina said:

When ended period , that destribution wild cards for nations???
But we are a nation  that had 8 or less (individual!) athletes at the previous two Summer Olympics, how Andorra,Bangladesh and other 

Moldova had 22 athletes in 2012 and 29 athletes in 2008. It's about all sports (without the team sports like football, handball and so on), not just about shooting. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 минуты назад, heywoodu сказал:

Moldova had 22 athletes in 2012 and 29 athletes in 2008. It's about all sports (without the team sports like football, handball and so on), not just about shooting. 

ohhh this is about all athletics - Now, I understand all - Thank you very much , dear friend's!!!))
Was very good conversation with you / And I learned a lot of helpful information:yes

1 hour ago, RaileanuEcaterina said:

I congratulate all the athletes who have received wildcards!!! But when will be result for Republic of Moldova. I very wait answer and I hope,that they get me one beautiful chance to participate to the Olympic Games/.....I have MQS (women's 10 m air rifle) .... I believe I hope and I wait :cry:

Moldova is not part of the NOCs under the Tripartite Commission, so the shooting place will be awarded to the Moldovans and other unqualified NOCs once the re-allocation happens soon.

23 hours ago, RaileanuEcaterina said:

How can romania get a wild card .....???...are not there nations with less than 8 quotas  ....like afganistan or nepal 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

3 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

How can romania get a wild card .....???...are not there nations with less than 8 quotas  ....like afganistan or nepal 

There are reallocations for unqualified nations in shooting who have MQS.

#banbestmen

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

There are reallocations for unqualified nations in shooting who have MQS.

basis for a reallocation........is it completely arbitarary or highest ranked shooter or ???  ( this is presumably only for unused quotas because some country who had a quota refused - normally to protect a better shooter who may have qualified in another event ) - how many unused quotas ?

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

3 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

basis for a reallocation........is it completely arbitarary or highest ranked shooter or ???  ( this is presumably only for unused quotas because some country who had a quota refused - normally to protect a better shooter who may have qualified in another event ) - how many unused quotas ?

ISSF is being a bit secretive about the exact number, but there are around 30 unused quotas for small nations + unqualified nations. If I'm not mistaken they are giving the priority to unqualified nations with the highest number of MQS reached.

#banbestmen