website statistics

Women's Water Polo Tournament at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 minute ago, hckošice said:

Well quarter of Slovakia have some Hungarian roots so I do not see how is that surprising :p

Yep, you right it was the Slovak U17 team (not the seniors team) at the European Games in Baku, After that tournament she switched to :HUN

She does not have Hungarian roots:

From 2022:

https://24.hu/sport/2022/08/03/rybanska-natasa-vizilabda-noi-vizilabda-valogatott/

"Do they just look or recognize you on the street?

Not yet after the Olympics, but many now after the final. It feels so good to be recognized and loved by Hungarian people. For a long time I had the feeling that a Slovak girl would take the place from the Hungarian one. Now I feel accepted. And that makes me incredibly happy!"

8 minutes ago, lapaj said:

She does not have Hungarian roots:

From 2022:

https://24.hu/sport/2022/08/03/rybanska-natasa-vizilabda-noi-vizilabda-valogatott/

"Do they just look or recognize you on the street?

Not yet after the Olympics, but many now after the final. It feels so good to be recognized and loved by Hungarian people. For a long time I had the feeling that a Slovak girl would take the place from the Hungarian one. Now I feel accepted. And that makes me incredibly happy!"

Well, that is even more admirable that she succeeded to make the national team of Hungary at such young age. This is clear sign of a talent.

I mean, good for her. Respect. Not everone can do that :yes

Just got a like from me :d https://www.instagram.com/i.am.natasa/

Edited by hckošice

45 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Well, that is even more admirable that she succeeded to make the national team of Hungary at such young age. This is clear sign of a talent.

I mean, good for her. Respect. Not everone can do that :yes

Just got a like from me :d https://www.instagram.com/i.am.natasa/

Translate that article. She spoke about those years!

Edited by lapaj

15 minutes ago, lapaj said:

Translate that article. She spoke about that years!

I see, She learned the language in Szentes in 2 years. That alone is quite impressive because for us Hungarian is like arab or chinese language mix sometimes :lol:

Thanks for the link. I learned a lot about her now. :yes

6 hours ago, lapaj said:

You act as if Hungary bought a team! Three players were not born in Hungary. Two (Parkes and Rybanska) came to Hungary as juniors. Mathieu is the only one who arrived as a national team member! So they should compete for New Zealand, Slovakia or France? True! But you are wrong if you think the Hungarian team would be much less competitive! Or you don't know anything about the Hungarian water polo!

Following your logic: South Africa got the quota! Why are you happy for Canada?

I am well aware of the great history and tradition that Hungary has in this sport, which is why I am surprised that they see a need to naturalise foreign players! I've said the same thing about other countries in other sports (Spain in basketball with Lorenzo Brown for example), so at least I am consistent in my views. I am even annoyed when my own country does it (very rare but there are a few examples, which I won't bore you to explain the circumstances of, and no I'm not talking about the weightlifters from the Greek minority of Albania as that is a different topic).

Also I was supporting Hungary at the Tokyo Olympics since Greece didn't qualify, and I wanted Hungary to finally win an Olympic medal. I was very glad when they did!

The game we had against your girls here was very close which is why I said without those three non-Hungarian players, we would've won. In a game so close, the small differences are important, and I think without those players, we would've won. I still think we could've won anyways and I'm not saying it's an excuse for us losing, or the only reason why we lost, but it definitely plays a role ;) 

And I'm happy for Canada because I think it is better for the sport. We saw how South Africa played in Tokyo and it was not pretty. They didn't "earn" any quota, they just got lucky that there are no other teams in Africa. It's not like Canada stole the quota from them, South Africa refused it.