website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

30 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

It's not your decision to make. Even Roosevelt said self-determination of nations is paramount. I assume you're familiar with the concept?

I respect and believe in the right to self-determination. I generally disapprove of the heavy hand my government has played in neighboring nations. However, I personally believe you can build a much healthier nation around other values. I would just advise caution around using race, religion, or ethnicity as the foundation or measurement for one’s nationality.

Of course, pluralist republics aren’t immune from their own troubles. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

So Slovakia is currently hosting the meeting of international members of the unfamously worldwide known motorbike gang Hell´s Angels  https://spectator.sme.sk/c/23177092/hells-angels-gather-in-and-around-bratislava.html

Police and local authorities warned people to ...citing "avoid the places this dangerous motorbike gang will stay during this meeting"

and then came this picture of a dangerous motorbike gang member in the middle of the city of Šamorín arriving to the gathering, did not know nowadays gangs ride electric city scooters :p

image.png

23 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I respect and believe in the right to self-determination. I generally disapprove of the heavy hand my government has played in neighboring nations. However, I personally believe you can build a much healthier nation around other values. I would just advise caution around using race, religion, or ethnicity as the foundation or measurement for one’s nationality.

Of course, pluralist republics aren’t immune from their own troubles. 

So, the number of countries globally that meet your criteria for a sustainable state is…….?

Darwin award 23 winner just been found ?

French police have arrested a 55-year-old man who shot a 47-year-old woman during a "drunken game". The game consisted of a woman wearing a bulletproof vest and a man shooting on her with a hunting rifle

https://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr/nouvelle-aquitaine/dordogne/perigueux/femme-tuee-par-balle-a-montpon-menestrol-un-homme-reconnait-etre-l-auteur-du-tir-mortel-2660452.html

2 hours ago, Belle said:

Sweden celebrates 500 years as an independent country today!  :wSWE:

It’s also Sweden National Day today June 6th. Congratulations to all Swedes. :clap:

It's the dissolution date of the Kalmar Union? :mumble:

Not like Poland had much joy with Sweden in the 16th century (outside from having a Swedish dynasty as Kings ;) ).

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

It's the dissolution date of the Kalmar Union? :mumble:

Not like Poland had much joy with Sweden in the 16th century (outside from having a Swedish dynasty as Kings ;) ).

Haha yes it’s about the dissolution of the Kalmar Union :d