website statistics

Paris 2024 - Early Predictions - Day by Day

rafalgorka

On 11/18/2023 at 11:46 AM, Prakash_k said:

There will selection trials between cream  shooters in may . I think all rifle cat + air pistol men’s & mixed are these cat where we have chnce but i am not expecting more than 3 medal because of our previous 2 Olympic performance ( I know covid /team selection was big reason in Tokyo failure ) 

I am expecting 2 medals this time , with realistic chances are both mixed rifle team events, sift kaur, 10 m women rifle. This time pistol shooting quota not yet reached optimum and not looking in medal contention 

On 11/18/2023 at 11:51 AM, rafalgorka said:

Sounds reasonable. Thanks.

I also wonder are there hopes for a maybe surprising medal for India in a sport where you haven’t got an olympic medal before? Who could that be?

Expecting one medal this time from men/women archery

On 12/5/2023 at 11:58 AM, Josh said:

my predictions have been incredibly boring, decided to spice things up for once :p

Now you've got me second guessing whether this is serious or just you being spicy :d:

14 hours ago, Josh said:

Diving- Women’s 3m Springboard

Gold- :CHN Chen Yiwen

Silver- :CHN Chang Yani

Bronze- :GBR Andrea Spendolini Sirieix

https://totallympics.com/qualification-tracker/paris-2024/world-championships-medal-counts-in-the-road-to-paris-2024/latest-world-championships-medal-count-in-the-road-to-paris-2024-r678/

I wonder how this medal table would look like if we exclude BLR and RUS... Which NOCs will move up the most??? Anyway, this one shows up that 2024 CHN vs USA battle will be very close...

Edited by rafalgorka

On 12/7/2023 at 1:16 AM, Josh said:

Athletics- Women’s 400m

Gold- :USA Sydney McLaughlin

Silver- :DOM Marileidy Paulino

Bronze- :BAR Sada Williams

McLaughlin does the double! First medal for Barbados at Paris! Reigning Olympic Champion Bahama’s Shaunae Miller-Uibo 5th. 

No medal for :POL here is very possible, but i would be so sad then...

I wonder if Sydney will really run both 400m and 400mH ind and then...w  4x400m relay

Because Mixed 4x400 is rather unlikely for her

I wonder how Sydney calendar in Paris would look like if she runs both 400 and 400h ind??? It's Phelps-Beijing-like effort... I think she won't run both ind events and she chooses to run 400 flat cause she will be more afraid of Bol then Paulino... and then she runs W 4x400

Edited by rafalgorka

On 12/7/2023 at 1:16 AM, Josh said:

Athletics- Men’s 4x100m Relay

Gold- :USA United States

Silver- :CAN Canada

Bronze- :JAM Jamaica

IMO @rafalgorka I think you’re severely underestimating the Canadians, who won gold at last years Worlds, and bronze and silver at the Rio 2016/Tokyo 2020 Olympics with the same four (DeGrasse, Brown, Rodney, Blake) athletes. Sure, they failed to advance from prelims at this years Worlds, but that squad was without Andre DeGrasse (our star sprinter) who chose to focus on the men’s 200m final (that happened after) rather than the men’s 4x100m heats. Canada was in a qualification position until the last leg, where Bolade Ajomale (heats runner at best) was something like 0.5s behind the rest of the field (Maybe I’m exaggerating a bit, but you get my point :p)

Anyways, with Andre DeGrasse back in peak form (no recent 100m time to judge from, but a 19.76 at the DL Final shows he’s definitely back on track) after years plagued by injuries and covid, we should be one of the medal favourites. 

Yes. You are right. I have understimated CAN here for sure. I say USA JAM JPN, from what i've seen in Budapest JPN are on the rise in M sprints and i see them medal in M 4x100 and M 110h

But yes, it's more like USA for gold in M 4x100 and 2 out of 5 for silver and bronze: JAM JPN ITA CAN GBR. And some NOCs may drop the baton so in the end anyone can win. RSA FRA CHN will be in the final as well imo

6 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

No medal for :POL here is very possible, but i would be so sad then...

I wonder if Sydney will really run both 400m and 400mH ind and then...w  4x400m relay

Because Mixed 4x400 is rather unlikely for her

I wonder how Sydney calendar in Paris would look like if she runs both 400 and 400h ind??? It's Phelps-Beijing-like effort... I think she won't run both ind events and she chooses to run 400 flat cause she will be more afraid of Bol then Paulino... and then she runs W 4x400

For the mixed 4x400m relay, United States almost never chooses their stars and instead opt for some random no names (and still somehow manage to break the WR) 

We’ll see which events McLaughlin will race in come US Trials. 

Edited by Josh