website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2023

Last serious chance for Israel to score points, given New Zealand's usual.....odd voting pattern? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That probably really depends on where in Europe. Anything Catholic is barely a thing at all here, especially in my part of the country (the northern half) it's really just the non-Catholic Christian things (protestant or whatever it's all called...just not catholic with the saints and the masses and all that :p).

How many languages are services offered in? My school's church held mass in 4-5 different languages I believe.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

First ever points for Greece from me!
And USA getting points again, something has changed :d

And that India song - I loved the beginning, the melody, the music... such a joyful and peculiar song. It may be cheesy a bit but I loved it!

PS Denmark, we are done after this!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That probably really depends on where in Europe. Anything Catholic is barely a thing at all here, especially in my part of the country (the northern half) it's really just the non-Catholic Christian things (protestant or whatever it's all called...just not catholic with the saints and the masses and all that :p).

I was really scared when I saw how overwhelmingly impactful the topic of religion is in the United States. I've watched this Youtube video recently discussing LGBT and the conversation was completely derailed by Catholicism. 

Here in Lithuania, older generation is religious mostly, but I personally don't know anybody going to church on a Sunday. Although, Catholicism is really used as a scapegoat to hate on all of the minorities in the country, because people don't want to take accountability of their own hateful feelings/thoughts and choose to hide behind the 'Bible said so'... 

It's really annoying how you can be an absolute awful prick just because of your religious beliefs. 

:NZL New Zealand Calling! :NZL 

:ARG ARG - 11 Points             

:IND IND - 10 Points           

:DEN DEN - 9 Points            

:MEX MEX - 8 Points            

:FRA FRA - 7 Points            

:POR POR - 6 Points            

:USA USA - 5 Points            

:GRE GRE - 4 Points            

:SLO SLO - 3 Points            

:IRL IRL - 2 Points            

:CHN CHN - 1 Points

1 minute ago, Wanderer said:

First ever points for Greece from me!
And USA getting points again, something has changed :d

@dezbee2008 let me off the leash. Fat good it has done us though :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

How languages are services offered in? My school's church held mass in 4-5 different languages I believe.

I'd say that too depends on where you are. In the somewhat Catholic south of the country it might be one or two (depending on how big the city is), but I assume one. Like I said, the northern half doesn't really have the Catholic things and masses, but regular church services, which I assume are done in one language. Haven't gone to one in many, many, many years, but I assume in my town an unfortunate amount of people in those services don't even speak anything else than Dutch... :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!