website statistics

Asian Games 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

We had to wait for a team sport to give us the first gold medal :facepalm:that was nice winning gold in volleyball but this gold most probably will cost us the Olympic quota. now they have to fly half the world to Brazil and play their first match vs Germany in 2 or 3 days . 

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

We had to wait for a team sport to give us the first gold medal :facepalm:that was nice winning gold in volleyball but this gold most probably will cost us the Olympic quota. now they have to fly half the world to Brazil and play their first match vs Germany in 2 or 3 days . 

Congrats on the win mohsin bro... but I feel Iran has underperformed till now ...just one gold :question:...... what happened or is it as expected

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

38 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

Congrats on the win mohsin bro... but I feel Iran has underperformed till now ...just one gold :question:...... what happened or is it as expected

hmm, I think Iran is doing OK in term of number of medals but only 1 gold so far doesn't look good. even though in first 3 days beside volleyball the only sport we had a legit chance to win gold was Taekwondo. specially today we had the current World Champion but she lost in the first round :yikes: not the biggest surprise ever to me since I know our girls can't handle the pressure of being #1 favorite. we could win 2 more golds in the men's side but they both lost the finals narrowly. and our other medal-favorite girl lost because of weird electronic system which gave 20 extra points to the Chinese girl. I mean we are probably 1 gold less than expectations so far but that happens. 

you know wrestling is our big thing when it comes to the Asian Games but having World Championship only few days before the Games really ruined some of our chances. we still don't know the Asian Games squad and they are considering some changes. most of our top lighter weights wrestlers can't cut weight twice in a short period of time.

22 minutes ago, Dragon said:

This is a very random thing to ask - but how many runs will the Mongolian men's cricket team score against Nepal later today?

I could see a world record low score coming up...

The women might have shared the feedback regarding how to hold the bat and when to play hope that helps in adding a few runs:p 

9 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Gold in dressage!  Wohoo! 

Very surprising podium. Gold for India, silver for China, no medal for neither Japan nor South Korea (I believe that's a first time for both).

Jacqueline Siu looks good for a possible individual title defense, meanwhile.

#banbestmen

Dressage really made a huge wave today in India. First equestrian gold since 1982 and first dressage medal since 1986. Had my friends asking about the discipline showed them the highlights and they were waiting for the horse to jump when they realized there were no hurdles at all and watched some best dressage videos of past world champs and enjoyed it.