website statistics

Asian Games 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

3 hours ago, phelps said:

don't worry for LA 2028

in July/August there's no chance of a single minute of rain out there

Unless we get it with another hurriquake :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Xi: “China will work with the IOC to uphold the principle of non-politicisation of sports…”

Opps, how’d this get there: https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1141020/india-wushu-dispute-hangzhou-2022

Original article with quote from Xi: https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1141028/xi-meets-bach-before-asian-games-opening

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

:CHN 16 - 0 :MGL is one of the larger shutouts I’ve seen in football for a while.

I can't find boxing draws anywhere but I know that's already done and our boxing fed already reported the first round opponents.

any chance to find it online ? the official website looks lazy in updating . I guess we will have it tomorrow :thumbdown: I also had TT and Beach volleyball draws  in our local websites almost a day before the official website :facepalm:

27 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

:KOR fail to win a medal in men's volleyball for the first time since 1966 after losing to medal favorites :PAK in a one sided battle in pre quarters 

Yeah, can someone explain the format of this tournament to me as well. I’m so confused :mumble:

42 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I can't find boxing draws anywhere but I know that's already done and our boxing fed already reported the first round opponents.

any chance to find it online ? the official website looks lazy in updating . I guess we will have it tomorrow :thumbdown: I also had TT and Beach volleyball draws  in our local websites almost a day before the official website :facepalm:

U can find whole draw here 

47 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

U can find whole draw here 

Thanks a lot :champion: this is very interesting to find Asian Games draw in Egyptian boxing facebook page :p 

based on what I see, only one of our 5 boxers will face UZB/KAZ/Refs before the semifinal. I guess we can't complain about the draw. hopefully they win couple of bronze medals. I have low expectations in this sport and Olympic quotas are probably out of reach.

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah, can someone explain the format of this tournament to me as well. I’m so confused :mumble:

19 teams compete in six groups. The top two teams from each group advance to the second round. All twelve teams play in the second round. Here’s where things get absurd. Of the six winners in the second round, two teams get byes to the semifinals. 

if it were up to me, I’d have four of the third place teams advance to the second round for a proper Round of 16 and no byes for any of the teams.

Edited by PHI2019