website statistics

Asian Games 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

51 minutes ago, MHSN said:

looks like China is going to win all Rowing gold medals. :d in past there was a rule limiting each country to something like 10 boats (out of 14 or 15) but they removed that this time. 

(I believe China is a bit vulnerable in Single Sculls events, so maybe they won't win 100% of the gold medals)

Yea :JPN will take 🥇in men’s Single sculls. 
:CHN has not entered a boat in men’s pair

Edited by Roamingrover86

Kim/Bae :KOR have taken losses to pairs from :OMA:TLS. I assume they aren’t favorites, but still, it’s not everyday that Timor-Leste beats the Republic of Korea in sports.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

:MGL eliminated from women’s cricket after getting steamrolled by opponents in back-to-back matches.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

35 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

:MGL eliminated from women’s cricket after getting steamrolled by opponents in back-to-back matches.

They scored a cumulative total of 37 at the loss of 20 wickets in 24.3 overs (1.53 RPO) across 2 matches. 
10 of those 37 runs are from Extras! 

for olympic qualifications events, the asian games is serving as a direct qualifier for the following:

Archery

Synchronised swimming

Boxing

Break dancing

water polo

Tennis

Sailing

Hockey

Modern Pentathlon

(I hope I didn't miss something)

in addition there will be some events serve as indirect qualifications either by acheiving standard cut (athletics for example) or to add to ranking

Edited by El Analyzer

13 minutes ago, El Analyzer said:

for olympic qualifications events, the asian games is serving as a direct qualifier for the following:

Archery

Synchronised swimming

Boxing

Break dancing

water polo

Sailing

Hockey

Modern Pentathlon

(I hope I didn't miss something)

in addition there will be some events serve as indirect qualifications either by acheiving standard cut (athletics for example) or to add to ranking

You missed out Tennis, 1 quota for the gold medallist in each Men & Women’s Singles . 

5 hours ago, Roamingrover86 said:

:CHN has not entered a boat in men’s pair

oh shit, why they didn't do that for one of women's double sculls events? :d

I also see China entered 3 men for Sanda (they could enter 4) I wonder if it's intentional or what ? they don't want to win 100% available gold medals ?

:VIE athletes might be able to make a pretty penny with gold medal performances.

:IND Government has also announced cash rewards for 🥇🥈🥉winners in AG 

For 🥇- Around $35,000

🥈- Around $25,000 &

🥉- Around $12,000

Apart from this , each State government of athletes will reward them separately + various sponsors will offer additional cash/ gifts. 

No wonder our wrestlers wanted to focus on AG than on world championships 

https://pib.gov.in/Pressreleaseshare.aspx?PRID=1579723

This revised prize money was announced a year before  then scheduled Tokyo Olympics & covers the 4 year cycle including Asian & commonwealth games. 
I assume they will increase the amount and make a press release before Paris 2024 for the next cycle.

Edited by Roamingrover86