website statistics

Pan American Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

:TTO sailor withdrawn due to injury, unlikely to be replaced, which means sailing is down to 27 noc's

Athletics/Swimming =38

Taekwondo = 29

Weightlifting 28

Sailing =27

Are the top 5 sports by my count by participating NOC's

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

:TTO sailor withdrawn due to injury, unlikely to be replaced, which means sailing is down to 27 noc's

Athletics/Swimming =38

Taekwondo = 29

Weightlifting 28

Sailing =27

Are the top 5 sports by my count by participating NOC's

Isnt Panam counting with 41 Nocs?

Are there countries missing athletics and swimming events?

Not much information available yet, but the results system is here: https://results-santiago2023.org/#/schedule/calendar

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 9/27/2023 at 1:33 PM, intoronto said:

Two time defending champion Ellie Black will not be defending her title! :(

https://olympic.ca/press/canadas-santiago-2023-gymnastics-team-announced/

Also it looks like Canada's grip on trampoline may also be at risk here

I see :COL:BRA:ARG:USA challenging for a medal in men's trampoline, and :BRA:USA and maybe :MEX in women's trampoline, so :CAN will have a hard time, for sure.

Now, the men's artistic team is pretty strong and could realistically win the team event depending on who will compete for :BRA and :USA. The women's team will have trouble finishing in the top 3, since on paper :BRA:USA:MEX are stronger. I'd say that even with Black, the women's team would have a hard time earning bronze (but one can never be sure with Mexico, who had a great competition at the Pan Am Championships and a somewhat bad one at the World Championships).

Edited by thiago_simoes

2 minutes ago, intoronto said:

I'm telling you from top to bottom Panamsports is the most incompetent organization I have seen.

You clearly haven’t attempted to interact with the OCA enough, or watched their events.

Honestly, Athletics Canada seems equally responsible in this case. I do feel like PanamSports has managed quota distribution poorly this cycle, however.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela