website statistics

Pan American Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

About the final medal count of Panamerican Games

:USA: who can doubt about this?

:BRA: with Canada with B teams and athletes, Brazil is my favourite for the second place

:CAN: is the historial third country in Panamerican Games and will remain that place

:MEX: Sure place for "the Cabrones"

:ARG: With some polemic, in a very close finish between Argentina, Cuba and Colombia, our country can be in this position.

:COL: they are weaker in some of their historical sport (specially Weightlifting), for that reason i presume our country can be fifth

:CUB: The boxing, the wrestling and the athletics will make Cuba being here

:CHI: sure position for the local

:VEN: i dont think their decadence is too big to dont have this position

10 :ECU: Probably Domincan Republic will have more medals but i see Ecuador winning more golds

1 hour ago, konig said:

:BRA: with Canada with B teams and athletes, Brazil is my favourite for the second place

:CAN: is the historial third country in Panamerican Games and will remain that place

I think :CAN has a much better team now than in 2019, including A team in most sports. Of course there's Athletics, but that's a sport in which Brazil sucks even with the A team.

6 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Could someone tell me which sports award quotas for Paris (other than some team sports and athletics/swimming)?

Yeah, if we could get a table like the one @JoshMartini007 made for the South American Games, that would be awesome and much appreciated.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Modern Pentathlon

Boxing

Sport Climbing

Equestrian Dressage

Equestrian Jumping

Equestrian Eventing

Handball

Field Hockey

Shooting

Diving

Water Polo

Surfing

Artistic Swimming

Breaking

Archery

Tennis

Sailing

I think those are the sports which give direct quotas... Please, correct me if I forgot any

20 minutes ago, Laraja said:

Modern Pentathlon

Boxing

Sport Climbing

Equestrian Dressage

Equestrian Jumping

Equestrian Eventing

Handball

Field Hockey

Shooting

Diving

Water Polo

Surfing

Artistic Swimming

Breaking

Archery

Tennis

Sailing

I think those are the sports which give direct quotas... Please, correct me if I forgot any

So, continental gymnastics qualifier will not take place here as it was said months ago?

On 10/2/2023 at 11:01 AM, LDOG said:

Could someone tell me which sports award quotas for Paris (other than some team sports and athletics/swimming)?

Here’s the full list.  If I’ve made any mistakes, feel free to correct me.

Archery- Top NOC in the mixed team event will earn one men’s and one women’s quota for Paris. Top two athletes in the men’s and women’s individual events will earn one quota for Paris, providing their NOC has not already secured a quota in that gender.  (USA and Mexico will be ineligible in the women’s event, while Canada and Brazil will be ineligible in the men’s event)

Artistic Gymnastics- Top ranked athlete in the men’s and women’s individual all-around events qualify their NOC to Paris. (USA, Canada, and Brazil will be ineligible in the women’s event, while USA, and Canada will be ineligible in the men’s event)

Artistic Swimming- Top ranked NOC in the team event will earn an Olympic quota in both the team and duet events. Top ranked NOC in the duet event which has not already qualified will also book their ticket to Paris. 

Boxing- Top two athletes in all weight classes (Except women’s 57kg and 60kg, where it’s top four) qualify themselves to Paris. 

Breaking- Top ranked B-Boy and B-Girl qualify for Paris. (USA is ineligible for a quota on the men’s side, as B-Boy Victor already qualified through World Championships, and the second slot can only be obtained through the OQS)

Diving- Top ranked athlete in all four individual events will earn a Paris quota for their NOC, as long as the divers have not already secure a quota at the World Aquatic Championships. 

USA and Mexico are ineligible in men’s 3m springboard, along with Colombia’s Daniel Restrepo. In men’s 10m platform, Canada’s Rylan Wiens, Brazil’s Issac Souza and Mexico’s Randal Willars are ineligible. USA is also ineligible in women’s 3m springboard, along with Canada’s Pamela Ware. In women’s 10m platform, Mexico is ineligible, along with USA’s Delaney Schnell, Brazil’s Ingrid Oliveira and Canada’s Caeli McKay. 

Equestrian- Dressage- Top two NOCs in the team event will qualify for Paris. Top two eligible athletes (having not qualified a team) in the individual event will secure a quota for their NOC. (If USA places within the top two, the quota would go to the third highest ranked NOC, as they’ve already qualified a team)

Equestrian- Eventing- Top two NOCs in the team event will qualify for Paris. Top two eligible athletes (having not qualified a team) in the individual event will secure a quota for their NOC. (If USA places within the top two, the quota would go to the third highest ranked NOC, as they’ve already qualified a team)

Equestrian- Jumping- Top three NOCs in the team event will qualify for Paris. Top three eligible athletes (having not qualified a team) in the individual event will secure a quota for their NOC. (Brazil has already qualified a team, so if they place within the top three, the quota would go to the Mexico, as the highest ranked nation at the Jumping Nations Cup)

Field Hockey- Men’s and women’s gold medalists earn Olympic tickets for their country. 

Handball- Same as above. 

Modern Pentathlon- In the men’s and women’s individual events, the highest ranked athlete, the top two highest ranked athletes from the North America/Caribbean region, and the top two highest ranked athletes from South America/Central America region all qualify themselves to Paris. (Mexico’s Emiliano Hernandez will be ineligible for a quota in the men’s event, as he already booked his ticket at the Modern Pentathlon World Championships)

Rhythmic Gymnastics- Top ranked gymnast in the individual all-around event will qualify themselves to Paris, as long as the NOC has not already earned a quota at either the 2022 or 2023 Rhythmic Gymnastics World Championships. Top ranked NOC in the group event will also qualify for Paris. (Brazil will be ineligible for a quota, as they’ve already qualified a team at the 2023 Rythmic Gymnastics World Championships)

Sailing- Quotas for North America/Caribbean are allocated separately from quotas for Central America/South America. Men’s and women’s windsurfing, men’s and women‘s kite, men’s and women’s skiff, and mixed multihull award one quota per region. In men’s and women’s dinghy, two quotas are available. 

Brazil is ineligible for a quota in men’s windsurfing, and men’s kite. Argentina is ineligible for a quota in women’s dinghy, and mixed multihull. Canada is ineligible for a quota in women’s dinghy. Mexico Is ineligible for a quota in women’s windsurfing. USA is ineligible for a quota in men’s skiff, women’s kite, women’s dinghy, and women’s skiff. 

Shooting- Athletes who have already earned a quota for their NOC cannot qualify more spots. One spot is available in each of the men’s and women’s 10m air rifle, men’s and women’s rifle 3 positions, and men’s and women’s 10m air pistol. Two spots are available in men’s 25m rapid fire pistol, women’s 25m pistol, men’s and women’s trap, and men’s and women’s skeet.

USA has qualified a full team (will be ineligible) in men’s trap, men’s skeet, women’s 10m air rifle, women’s 50m rifle 3 positions, and women’s skeet. They’ve also qualified individuals in men’s 10m air rifle, men’s 50m rifle 3 positions, women’s 25m pistol, women’s 10m air pistol, and women’s trap. Chile’s Francisca Crovetto has already secured a quota in women’s skeet, along with Brazil’s Philipe Chateaubrian in men’s 10m air pistol, and Leuris Pupo in men’s 25m rapid fire pistol. 

Sport Climbing- Top ranked eligible athlete in the men’s and women’s boulder & lead, and men’s and women’s speed events will qualify themselves to Paris. USA’s Emma Hunt (women’s speed) and Collin Duffy (men’s boulder & lead) will be ineligible for a quota as they’ve already qualified through the Sport Climbing World Championships.

Surfing- Top ranked eligible athlete in men’s and women’s shortboard will qualify themselves to Paris. Brazil, USA, and Mexico’s Alan Cleland are ineligible on the men’s side, while USA, and Costa Rica’s Brianna Hennessy are ineligible on the women’s side. 

Table Tennis- Top two NOCs in the mixed doubles event will qualify the competing pairs to Paris.

Tennis- Finalists of the men’s and women’s singles events will qualify themselves to Paris, providing they are within the top 400 of the ATP/WTA singles rankings, and their NOC has not already reached the quota limit of four athletes (rankings end June 2024)

Waterpolo- Men’s and women’s gold medalists earn Olympic tickets for their country. 

Edited by Josh

Richard Carapaz :ECU will reportedly take part in the men’s road race. @hckošice

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela