website statistics

Jeux de la Francophonie 2023

Totallympics

Gold for David Popovici! The Canadian judoka of course :p

Bio: https://jdf2023.microplustimingservices.com/#/athlete-details/9426

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Can’t say I like the broadcast format for these Games. Instead of airing full sessions like six years ago, TV5MONDE is kind of just skipping around to different sports. It’s nice because you can see a little bit of everything, but they aren’t airing all the finals. For instance, they didn’t show any judo medal matches today, and they only showed one table tennis final. It’s a real bummer for me, since I actually quite like these Games and look forward to them :(

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

:ROU took a loss to :COD in women’s basketball. I know it’s not their top squad, but still quite shocking.

Edited by Olympian1010

:MAD with a win over :CAN for a gold medal in judo. There’s a result you don’t see everyday :yikes:

:CAN advanced to four finals in judo today…and lost all of them. Painfully on brand I suppose :p

Novac :ROU threw 84.75m in the men’s javelin, which smashed the Games Record set by Aukasz Grzeszczuk :POL in 2013 (78.62m). He was less than a meter off the Olympic standard :(

@rybak @Monzanator you guys should practice up on your French and enter in 2027 :p

Ghelber :ROU failed to break Wlodarczyk’s Games Record in the women’s hammer throw. She also came up just short of the Olympic standard.