website statistics

Jeux de la Francophonie 2023

Totallympics

I guess Russian is the new language of the Francophone according to the scoring legend on the results document: https://jdf2023-pdf.microplustimingservices.com/JDF2023/WRE/2023-07-29/WREWFS53KG------------------------__C75A_1.1.pdf :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Women’s freestyle 55kg (wrestling) has a grand total of two entries in it :p

Gold medal for :CMR or :COD

Ngoe Wase :CMR denies the hosts a gold medal. Close match (at least by technical score), unfortunately they count the broadcast after the first two weight categories :( 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

:FRA leads the medal table after a good day on the mat. :ROU with two gold medals as well. :ARM:MAR looking good too.

14 hours ago, thepharoah said:

67 M € for nothing , Noone in this world watch these Games except some people here and there and I'm pretty sure that they are sank in Debts like all other African Countries , African Games is much more popular than these Games Whom France was trying to copy Commonwealth Games , but they failed to spread 

I must say the athmosphere is really good basically everything, I didn't think it would have been so good. But in some things the organization is quite bad and I agree probably some people stole a lot of those 67M$.

13 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I guess Russian is the new language of the Francophone according to the scoring legend on the results document: https://jdf2023-pdf.microplustimingservices.com/JDF2023/WRE/2023-07-29/WREWFS53KG------------------------__C75A_1.1.pdf :p

Thank you for reporting! I have contacted the right person to change this, hopefully it will be fixed soon. Please keep reporting any mistake/weird things in the results service!

15 hours ago, thepharoah said:

Whom France was trying to copy Commonwealth Games , but they failed to spread 

That's not exactly true. These games were set by the francophone organisation at the end of the 80's as first and foremost a cultural thing. :FRA never show much interest in them (there are zero media coverage here).

We had our own political Commonwealth Games. But there was only one edition in 1960 which was very orignaly called "Jeux de la Communauté" (no translation needed I think ):rolleyes:

:MAR wins 5/6 medals available in cycling. Absolutely dominate performance in both genders. :ROU takes the bronze in the men’s road race. Daumont :BUR 4th :(

:HAI athletes have also failed to show up in cycling and table tennis. It looks they’ve withdrawn from the Games :(

:ARM was eliminated in the quarterfinals of the team event in table tennis. If they can’t do better in the individual/doubles events, then I can’t see them challenging for the top spot on the medal table.