website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

https://futurism.com/neoscope/list-trumps-broken-coronavirus-promises

A BRIEF LIST OF TRUMP’S BROKEN CORONAVIRUS PROMISES

TRUMP HAS ACCOMPLISHED VERY LITTLE IN THE MONTH SINCE HIS EMERGENCY DECLARATION.

On March 13, U.S. President Donald Trump declared a national emergency because of the coronavirus pandemic and promised broad, sweeping action to rapidly distribute tests and treatments.

One month later, little of that has happened. Meanwhile, the American COVID-19 death toll continues to climb upward and not only has the promised medical testing not arrived, but the government may actually reduce its response efforts.

During his emergency declaration, which many described as a bizarre infomercial for corporations including Roche Diagnostics and Target, Trump announced a close public-private partnership to mobilize against the outbreak. Here’s some of what he promised compared to what actually happened, as reported by NPR.

Promise: Google will develop a website to help people across America screen for COVID-19 symptoms from home.

Reality: Google never created such a site. But Verily, owned by the same parent company as Google, did roll out screening and testing sites in five California counties.

Promise: Drive-through coronavirus testing in the parking lots of major retailors like CVS and Target.

Reality: Target never entered a formal partnership with the government. CVS, Walmart, and Walgreens opened a total of eight sites, combined, across the entire country.

Promise: The healthcare company LHC Group would provide equipment to let people who think they’re sick get tested at home.

Reality: LHC Group told NPR that it hasn’t rolled out home testing, but that it has spent the past month trying to get protective equipment for its medical workers.

Promise: Trump said he would waive license requirements to let doctors practice in states that need more hands on deck.

Reality: Medical licenses are issued by the state, so Trump couldn’t have followed through on this promise if he tried.

Meanwhile, what success America has encountered thus far stems from everyday people doing their part: staying home as much as possible, and keeping their distance from others when they have to venture outside.

Trump's accomplishments are low, but even worse could be simply the way he talks. I hear leaders from all kinds of countries talk about their situation, about what they're doing and what people should be doing, and so on. When Trump is droning in his automated, monotonous buzz though, I am not exaggerating when I say more than half of what he says is not about anything useful or important, but about how incredibly impressed 'a lot of people' and 'other countries' are! That is just insane, it has absolutely nothing to do with the situation, it's as if he's jerking off right there to these thoughts.

"We've increased the numbers of hospital beds to levels nobody can even believe. We've been making ventilators, a lot of ventilators, people can't even believe how many there are, nobody has ever made this many before. There are other countries, big big producing countries, who produce a lot of things, they're saying they can not believe how much we've been producing."

WTF man, that's just completely not what you should be saying, at all :facepalm: Nobody gives two fucks. Obviously I know everyone on here is smart enough to understand Trump is nothing more than an idiot, but still, dude.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

32 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Trump's accomplishments are low, but even worse could be simply the way he talks. I hear leaders from all kinds of countries talk about their situation, about what they're doing and what people should be doing, and so on. When Trump is droning in his automated, monotonous buzz though, I am not exaggerating when I say more than half of what he says is not about anything useful or important, but about how incredibly impressed 'a lot of people' and 'other countries' are! That is just insane, it has absolutely nothing to do with the situation, it's as if he's jerking off right there to these thoughts.

"We've increased the numbers of hospital beds to levels nobody can even believe. We've been making ventilators, a lot of ventilators, people can't even believe how many there are, nobody has ever made this many before. There are other countries, big big producing countries, who produce a lot of things, they're saying they can not believe how much we've been producing."

WTF man, that's just completely not what you should be saying, at all :facepalm: Nobody gives two fucks. Obviously I know everyone on here is smart enough to understand Trump is nothing more than an idiot, but still, dude.

No choice this is his actual standard and we need to accept it.

21 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

It's more like a daily TV show. No one take it seriously and I like his daily debate with "fake news media" in press conference. To be honest, it is fun and he maybe right sometimes, for example he said comparing the ability of spreading panic, I am 10000 times better than you (some fake news media), but I chose not. And he now has a privilege to say anything without taking the responsibility as everyone knows he is an "idiot". You would not be surprised at anything he said no matter how outrageous it is, but if something similar said by other world leaders would be totally different. I think Chinese government is somehow admire this.

1 minute ago, Vic Liu said:

It's more like a daily TV show. No one take it seriously and I like his daily debate with "fake news media" in press conference. To be honest, it is fun and he maybe right sometimes, for example he said comparing the ability of spreading panic, I am 10000 times better than you (some fake news media), but I chose not. And he now has a privilege to say anything without taking the responsibility as everyone knows he is an "idiot". You would not be surprised at anything he said no matter how outrageous it is, but if something similar said by other world leaders would be totally different. I think Chinese government is somehow admire this.

You are right. How is the situation right over there in your country? All is fine?

1 minute ago, up and down said:

You are right. How is the situation right over there in your country? All is fine?

It's fine. Everything's back to normal but nothing is 100% back to normal. I don't fear the virus but the economy, my income and my bills.

9 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

It is high time to let Dr. Faucy take over the whole press conference and let him do his job without inteference. Ha ha.

3 minutes ago, up and down said:

You are right about it. There is no second lockdown?

Only one city Suifenhe. It’s a small border  city connected to Russia and huge amounts of Chinese flee back through this border. Until now 300+ tested positive, close to full capacity of this small city. Medics are coming for helping and temporary hospital is being built. The border is temporarily closed for one week and will reopen after preparations.

3 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

Only one city Suifenhe. It’s a small border  city connected to Russia and huge amounts of Chinese flee back through this border. Until now 300+ tested positive, close to full capacity of this small city. Medics are coming for helping and temporary hospital is being built. The border is temporarily closed for one week and will reopen after preparations.

Alright nice to hear that. How does it feel like being a citizen living in China? Do you mind telling us?