website statistics

Athletics at the European Games 2023

Totallympics

Who said, that people would come, when we reach Division 1.. Imagine having 4 years to promote this big event, that your country is hosting, that you should be proud of and then the first 3 days have a lower combined attendance then a single Ekstraklassa match.

I refuse to believe, that Poland, one of the biggest European sporting nations in my opinion, doesn't care one bit about this event. Even if you don't know karate, BMX, taekwondo etc. this is most likely the golden age for Polish athletics and they can get even 5000 people, let alone 50 000. 

Edited by Federer91

2 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Who said, that people would come, when we reach Division 1.. Imagine having 4 years to promote this big event, that your country is hosting, that you should be proud of and then the first 3 days have a lower combined attendance then a single Ekstraklassa match.

I refuse to believe, that Poland, one of the biggest European sporting nations in my opinion, doesn't care one bit about this event. Even if you don't know karate, BMX, taekwondo etc. this is most likely the golden age for Polish athletics and they can get even 5000 people, let alone 50 000. 

The promotion was sub-standard IMO. I don't know if people here even realized that the Euro Games will have multiple hosting venues and thought it will all happen in Kraków. The multi-location promotion was nowhere to be found and most media here only went gaga that ski jumping will be held in the summer alas even Kamil Stoch recently said he will only compete because the ski jumpers were forced to take part in this event (since it's held in Poland). Yeah, so much for the positive vibes.

The timing is something else, June is not a total holiday period here, school only ended today and most families plan their free time for July & August.