website statistics

Athletics at the European Games 2023

Totallympics

5 minutes ago, Bearas said:

That's why Zagainova stayed at home... with mentality like this :d He suppose to bring 15 pts back.... He's world champion and he's mentality is more like ''i'm here just to participate.....'''

Although Grikšaitė is better not ruin it as we expect 15 pts from her,

Zagainova though is having her best season this year since her NR steal from Kilty.

Grikšaitė doesn't give me too much confidence, because her lack of international event experience might come into play like it did at the ECH.

I would rather see Kilty here, but I support the selection process and understand why Aina is here and not Dovilė. 

9 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I just love how Zagainova on LRT keeps saying that it's a very professional decision from Gudžius to just get a mark and throw 62 metres here, when he should be aiming to get a European Games medal especially after Weisheidinger's throws today. 

He’s gonna make you eat your words.  :raspberry:

26 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Time for Gudžius to throw 72 metres and destroy Čeh :)  

This should be one of the more competitive and elite individual events. Weißhaidinger :AUT in D3, Gudžius :LTU and Čeh :SLO in D2, and Okoye :GBR and Ståhl :SWE in D1.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

This should be one of the more competitive and elite individual events. Weißhaidinger :AUT in D3, Gudžius :LTU and Čeh :SLO in D2, and Okoye :GBR and Ståhl :SWE in D1.

But equally likely that Okoye ends up barely hitting 60m - great talent but ridiculously inconsistent.