website statistics

Tennis ITF Roland Garros 2023

Totallympics

It was a ball girl. SST & Bouzkova pressed the umpire to DQ Kato/Sutjiadi after they were initially only given a warning. Weak stuff from SST/Bouzkova who didn't even bother to check with the ball girl, instead they argued the match should be over. Expect some booing in their next doubles match.

Sivotlina aka the Russian hunter qualifies to quarterfinals which is really big achivement after stopping tennis for months , she will face this time Belarussian player after defeating 2 Russians , so what will be the outcome of this game this time , ofc Sabalynka is definitely the favorite , but u never know in WTA

Ons Jabeur reaches quarterfinals for 1st time ever , this means she has reached quarterfinals at least in all GS , Noone has ever dreamt in Tunisia of this achievement and at least she can reach Semis here

Edited by thepharoah

Haddad Maia plays so many long matches, leads and than chokes... If he only controlled herself better, it would have been much easier. She has now to defend a lot of points starting with grass season, but hopefully she can get farther at Wimbledon this year. Another second week should be great.

Against Ons, I think Jabeur should win, but these days one is never sure with WTA :d I am so happy Jabeur was able to capitalize on her talent (although in somewhat very weak era of WTA). Ever since I saw her I had high hopes and it makes me very happy to see her proving herself as a top player (maybe not as strong as we used to have in 2012/2013). Anyway, a title here for Jabeur is hard to imagine with Iga around, but if she stays injury-free, and increae her level, Wimbledon is her chance. I would love to see her win a GS after two lost finals last year.

I dont know from when is this pincture, but they are 2 of the 3 best brazilian tennis player ever. Guga won RG 3 times in the 90/00's and Bia is the second best brasilian female tenis player ever, just behind Maria Esther Bueno who won multiples Grand Slans durante the 50/60/70's (7 in singles and 11 in doubles to be more precise)

So 8 days into the tournament and so far only 1 women's match has been deemed of sufficient quality to grace the night session on Chatrier. Alexander Zverev is tonight racking up his 4th night session match - that's the same number of night matches the women's tour have had across 3 years.

This year alone, Zverev, who is seeded 22, has had 3 night session matches and yet Caroline Garcia - home favourite and 5th seed - wasn't deemed good enough to warrant a night match. Nor was Ons Jabeur when she took on a French woman in round 2. 

Surely somebody within that organizing committee has the balls to stand up and say that their handling of the scheduling can't be right. They are making themselves look a laughing stock.